Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first submission

nippy

Hello all, The warm welcome encouraged me to post a couple of my recent builds. I am all ears with regards to constructive criticism :)

This is my Revell 1/24th Shelby Mustang:

DSCF1571.jpg

DSCF1578.jpg

DSCF1580.jpg

I know the colors a bit off but I didn't have any other car paint around. Most of my previous builds are F16's and shermans :D

I'm building a Tamiya 959 at the mo so will post some progress (ha) pics after work.

Thanks for any comments!

Not to worry Paul, I think you'll be comfy here! You just comin over from Military to Cars? The paint on the body was nice an smooth, the interior looked kinda flat to me at first, then i reread what you said about no automotive paints around. THEN it made sense. Nice job so far Daddy-O! Don't stop now!!!laugh.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Not too shabby - Nice job rookie.

A couple points of constructive critisism (since you asked)

1) careful of the finger prints (hood shot)

2) could have detailed the interior a little better (some flat black appplied with a fine brush to the door handlesand window cranks would have really brought them to life better)

just my thoughts take em ffor what they're worth

Not too shabby - Nice job rookie.

A couple points of constructive critisism (since you asked)

1) careful of the finger prints (hood shot)

2) could have detailed the interior a little better (some flat black appplied with a fine brush to the door handlesand window cranks would have really brought them to life better)

just my thoughts take em ffor what they're worth

Thanks for taking the time guys! Outspoken: Cheers, it never occured to me to wipe off the finger prints but I can see why thats important. Yeah, I agree I need to spend a bit more time on the details. I think as I get more practice, I'll be more inclined to spend extra time on the details. The Mustang was my first car project. Got this mad desire to go postal on the showroom detail on these things :) So much easier to build and weather an easy 8 (M4A8). Ok, got some haggis to chase off my lawn! Thanks again and I'll post some 959 progress shots soon!

Slainte!

Lookin' good from where I sit.

I've built four of these kits now in various versions, your's is grand.

It's clear you spend a lot of time on details so remember Google is your friend. Images of the real deal help a lot. Watch those hood edges on the next one. There is no easy way to paint a hood, but the way this one is mounted on the sprue helps a lot.

I'm a closet armor guy m'self........................

G

Edited by AgentG