Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Nice touch! They look real good.

Just have to ask, as I noticed it while looking back at your headlight wiring harness - are you planning on painting the insides of the front fenders? I'd hate for you to get all these awesome little details, and miss something like that.

EDIT-I noticed in the 3rd picture actually that you've got what looks like grey primer on that wasn't in the first 2 pics (first post on this page above), so I'm taking my observation back!! :lol:

Edited by Tony T

Nice touch! They look real good.

Just have to ask, as I noticed it while looking back at your headlight wiring harness - are you planning on painting the insides of the front fenders? I'd hate for you to get all these awesome little details, and miss something like that.

EDIT-I noticed in the 3rd picture actually that you've got what looks like grey primer on that wasn't in the first 2 pics (first post on this page above), so I'm taking my observation back!! :lol:

when I read this I was like " Awww man i thought i painted that already" then I read your edit. Dont scare me like that man! my brain is already frazzled. :lol:

Geez, and at one time, I thought adding a vacuum advance line to the distributor on my '53 Ford was state of the art! Romell, unbelievable work. The German born architect, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, is often attributed to using the statement "God is in the details." (I have a t-shirt with his image and that saying.) It's true, and that sets you apart. As an aside, one of my favorite galleries in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC is the one that has architectural models, including Frank Lloyd Wright's "Falling Water" house. It's nice to know that modeling is considered art in some circles, I know I'm viewing it here.

Geez, and at one time, I thought adding a vacuum advance line to the distributor on my '53 Ford was state of the art! Romell, unbelievable work. The German born architect, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, is often attributed to using the statement "God is in the details." (I have a t-shirt with his image and that saying.) It's true, and that sets you apart. As an aside, one of my favorite galleries in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC is the one that has architectural models, including Frank Lloyd Wright's "Falling Water" house. It's nice to know that modeling is considered art in some circles, I know I'm viewing it here.

Sniff sniff (as the tears are wiped from his eyes) Hey thx Jim for that sincere compliment. And truely I do try to keep Jehovah God involved in every aspect of my life. And as every good gift comes from him, I can only credit him for my talent. And like you I love Frank Lloyd Wright's work I have sevaral books featuring his homes. I do beleave the our hobby is an art form that I to am fortunate to be a part of. Romell :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

I would love to see what you can do with a big rig....Keep it up Im glued to you topic.

I've been thinking that myself! I'd love to see how you could use your shrink ray on a big rig! :D If you need a little inspiration, Romell, check out the one I'm working (stalled) on right now.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28849&st=0

My scratchbuilding skills are no where near yours, but I've been trying new things with my project. :D

I've been thinking that myself! I'd love to see how you could use your shrink ray on a big rig! :lol: If you need a little inspiration, Romell, check out the one I'm working (stalled) on right now.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28849&st=0

My scratchbuilding skills are no where near yours, but I've been trying new things with my project. :D

Thats gonna one huge rig when your done buddy, i want to build the one in your avatar photo.....

I know this has nothing to do with models but This is for the person who asked me about my tank the other day in a PM I wont mention his name for fear we will both be tossed out of the forums for even posting these here LOL! anyway this is my 160 gal salt water tank and my fish "Patience" she earned her name when she waited so patiently while my wife and I captured an unrulely fish in the tank. I hope you enjoy.....

tank2001.jpg

Patience peeking out of her small cave...(her house)she will actually play Peek-a-boo with me and my wife

tank2006.jpg

and in the center of this picture see if you can find my Seahorse "Bubbles"(he got his name because i had to evac his pouch of air once)

tank001.jpg

Thats gonna one huge rig when your done buddy, i want to build the one in your avatar photo.....

Thanks, Romell! I also want to build my avatar truck, too. I drove heavy wrecker for a while, and love watching "Wrecked" on the Speed Channel, so I have a soft spot when it comes to the big wreckers! :lol:

Todays up date is more of a show and tell as I didnt take pics as I built most of it so I hope you enjoy

got the Nitro bottle done and ready to install

nitro001.jpg

nitro002.jpg

here I made a emergency shutoff valve for the nitro system..

nitro003.jpg

here you see it installed next to the drivers seat

nitro004.jpg

Here you can see the headlight ballast has been installed on the fire wall along with a fuel block

nitro005.jpg

And here I have fabed some butterflys for the shotgun bill scoop

butterflys001.jpg

And in this one you can see the drivers side door has a mirror mounted on it. I actually polished the mirror to reflect.

butterflys002.jpg

Romell, I've read every post on this build so far. I have just one very important question: The shrink ray. Will you point it at me just once? I only want to sit in the Chevelle. I wont start it, or even turn on the radio! Promise. :(

Definitely an inspiration here Sir. Thanks for all you've shown us!

Now I have to go find the Nova.

You know, I'm not a big fan of full-detail, wheels-off, everything-open models, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate and understand the amount of work and talent it takes to make one.

Everyone keeps making "shrink-ray" jokes, but there really isn't anything in here that isn't just good old-fashioned fundamentally sound modeling. With the right materials, tools, and lots and lots of practice, there isn't anything here that the average modeler isn't capable of accomplishing, but if they did it I guess they wouldn't be "average" modelers anymore, would they?

You've got a great model, Romell, it deserves all the accolades and awards I'm sure it's bound to receive!

Nothing really major today, Got the rear brakes done now front and rear match the rears are 20mm smaller than the fronts (which are a scale 330mm). I also made the hinge for the front clip. It all still need some alignment but I'll get to that tomarrow. I hope you enjoy the photos.

Rear brakes....

hood002.jpg

Front clip hinge

hood003.jpg

With clip on...

hood006.jpg

hood007.jpg

hood008.jpg

hood009.jpg

Guest JamesDE

Bro, this is insane... Just outstanding work you have done on this.... Apparently I have missed alot in the past few days....