Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Sick, sick, sick! :) I am on sensory overload, between your 1:1, and this model, I can't stand it :lol: Keep the progress pictures coming, and I'll go and doctor myself with another Pepsi and some more chocolate....... Great Job, I'm inspired and humbled, so much to learn and so little time :o

Rod

Hey fellow artist I made some Edlebrock air filters to match the ones on my 1:1 I wanted people to be able to see them if they look into the scoop from the front so I hollowed out the scoop....

paintedscoop001.jpg

here you see the painted and hollowed out scoop...

paintedscoop004.jpg

And I'll be fixing this next I had to remove the molded on frame and i'll be repairing it over the next few days, Oh i wont be posting over the weekend but look for up dates on monday. Have a nice weekend.

paintedscoop005.jpg:)

Edited by Aftashox

Your craftsmanship is just outstanding Romell! But, you better beef up that body or that motor will twist the body. B) Great work buddy! :)

Its funny you say that because I did just that for my 1:1 it's full frame off build

I hope Your weekend was pleasent I was able to start on the rollcage. I used 1/8th stainless steel and Rosen core soder. Here are the progress pics Enjoy!rollcage003.jpg

rollcage007.jpg

As like my 1:1 the side bars are made so that they are non-intrusiverollcage006.jpg

Heres one with the seats

rollcage005.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

This one just keeps getting better!!

I just don't have the time or patience to put that much detail into one model anymore...but thankfully, guys like you do!!

That's what's so great about this forum...I can enjoy some really well built models without having to build or buy anything!! <_<

Thanks for sharing,

This is the first I've seen this build, I guess I should pay more attention!!! :lol: I read through the whole thread, and all I can see is WOW, I'm speechless!!! Great work and I will definitely be waiting for updates! Since it shows you have mad skills, what do you use to attach your brass pieces to the plastic pieces? I have tried to use brass in a couple builds and it seems neither ZAP CA or 5 min epoxy want to hold to the plastic very well. Am I using the wrong glue or am I just not doing something right?

This is the first I've seen this build, I guess I should pay more attention!!! :lol: I read through the whole thread, and all I can see is WOW, I'm speechless!!! Great work and I will definitely be waiting for updates! Since it shows you have mad skills, what do you use to attach your brass pieces to the plastic pieces? I have tried to use brass in a couple builds and it seems neither ZAP CA or 5 min epoxy want to hold to the plastic very well. Am I using the wrong glue or am I just not doing something right?

Thx for your compliments and intrest in my build, to answer your question, I use various types of glues, but for brass to plastic I ususally use med thickness CA or one that drys in 10-25 seconds. Also the amount of glue you use will affect the bond. You should use very little CA glue when it comes to gluing parts together, remember that CA glues have a carrier that makes up about 60% of the glue and the glue wont hold untill the carrier evaporates, so the less glue the faster the bond. Try using a tooth pick to apply your glue like rivet spots, then hold the two parts together while you count to 25. This should work for you. Take care :lol: Edited by Aftashox

Thx for your compliments and intrest in my build, to answer your question, I use various types of glues, but for brass to plastic I ususally use med thickness CA or one that drys in 10-25 seconds. Also the amount of glue you use will affect the bond. You should use very little CA glue when it comes to gluing parts together, remember that CA glues have a carrier that makes up about 60% of the glue and the glue wont hold untill the carrier evaporates, so the less glue the faster the bond. Try using a tooth pick to apply your glue like rivet spots, then hold the two parts together while you count to 25. This should work for you. Take care :lol:

Thanks, and I will keep watching! It looks like both the 1:1 and the model are going to be beasts!

I betcha wish the 1:1 was proceeding at the same pace.... B)

Actually the 1:1 will be a lot easyer than the model when it comes home from the body shop because its just gonna be a matter of putting all the parts together. But the model I have to make most of the parts LOL ! thx for commenting Alan. :)

hey bud dont kw if ive added anything to this but that is a sick ride( both ) . i got a quik ??? for an the ride hight i noticed that in ur mock up that the frame sittin kinda high in the body is the back end gonna be jacked or do u have a fix for that . just askin . i love a good workin susp.. as u kw of my cuda build..... keep it commin bro .. mad skills.

hey bud dont kw if ive added anything to this but that is a sick ride( both ) . i got a quik ??? for an the ride hight i noticed that in ur mock up that the frame sittin kinda high in the body is the back end gonna be jacked or do u have a fix for that . just askin . i love a good workin susp.. as u kw of my cuda build..... keep it commin bro .. mad skills.

Hey Mopar Just wanted to answer your question but 1st thx for checkin out my build.... You have a good eye the rear end is sitting up high and thats because the coilovers I have on it are to long....I fixed that today though and the ride hieght is lower now. I'll have new progress pics tomarrow so stay tuned... :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

Following this thread is becoming a bit of an obsession. :lol:

We have help for that, it starts like this

Hi my name is Josh and ive have been following this build.....

No kidding I can only fatham to do what you and others on here do. Im stuck on body work lol much less build scratch built parts(which I have to do with my 37 ford)...remember never ever ever play with fire and plastic. But I did recapture the frame that I messed up thats good right :lol:

First, I have to tell how tremendously impressed I am by the work you've done up to this point. I can't wait to see the finished projects.

Second, I have a fondness for old Chevelles. The first muscle car that I owned was a '71 or '72 Chevelle that I had put a dual-quad 427 Corvette engine in. With the stock rear suspension, I had to ease it up to about 40 mph before I could really put my foot in it, otherwise, I would just sit there spinning the wheels. I envy the fun you'll be having with yours!

What are your plans for your 1:1, daily driver, weekend warrior at the local track? Of course, there's always just cruising around basking in the coolness! B)

Keep up the good work!

David G.