Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

yes i would like to see a tutorial on polishing , i have not yet done it but would like to try it

an what better way to try it with a few ture tip an tricks from a master like ur self......

and what a ride both 1.1 and the model...sweet bro.

Well Fellas I think its time for another update I was gonna hook up the fuel lines then I remembered I dont have anywhere to run them from so I have to make a 20 gal fuel cell like the one for my 1:1 so i pulled out the ol tape measure and got busy. here are a few pics of the build enjoy....

I started with a sheet of styrene and some measurements of my 1:1 cell

fuelcell002.jpg

fuelcell005.jpg

here I have the box at the right size before I sand and refine

fuelcell003.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

here I have added the fuel sump . this is where the fuel lines will attach...

fuelcell006.jpg

Starting to take shape...

fuelcell009.jpg

a lil primer to get it ready for base coat...

fuelcell013.jpg

Black base coat in preperation for Alclad aluminum.....

fuelcell014.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Sweet Rommell you guys are inspiring me to get back into some serious building since I can't build a 1:1 yet when I get home. See how detailed I can get. Though my squad leader wants to sell me a 72 Buick GS with a 350 in fairly good condition for 1000 dollars. Thinking about it.

A buick 350 or a chevy 350? If its a chevy 350 I would walk away.

Those Buick 350s are monsters! I had 73 Buick 350 in a 79 Firebird and that thing would light em up on demand. It had so much torque it cracked both rear leaf springs in two!

Romell, that fuel cell is a work of art! I'd swear you invented a shrink ray if you hadn't shown it in raw plastic!! :)

SSSSHHHHH!! the government has been after my shrink ray for years LOL! thx for the compliment Highway :P

SSSSHHHHH!! the government has been after my shrink ray for years LOL! thx for the compliment Highway :P

You're welcome, Romell, and I'll believe you got that shrink ray when I see flames shooting out of the model's exhaust from that monster under the hood! :)

WOW Romel. you don't (CURSE WORD) around, do you?!?! It's a slow day here at work so I had time to read the entire thread. NIIIIICE!!! Wish I had the time and talent to do work like that. Your work is definitly motivating! How do you find time to work, build, photograph, post, reply and still have a life? Either way, keep it up Bro! PLEASE!!!

Dang Remoll, or ah Romell LOL. I just got back online this morning after being off line for afew days thanks to a broadband moden blowing up on me the other night. I must say I like your attention to detail man, that scale gas tank looks like the real thing in the trunk area of the model. If you would have taken a close up and I mean close up I would have thought that it was real man. Your detail on that is right on. first thing i did was when I got back online this morning was come stright to the forum to check your thread out man to see if you had posted any updates which you had. Keep up the good work bud! :lol: