Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Was able to finish those brake rotors today, ..... I recieved my hardware in the mail today from Scale Hardware they make all kinds of micro nuts and bolts in brass and stainless steel. He even provided a tool to use to make working with them easyer. Oh and gave me a neat sanding stick. well Nuff said heres the pics enjoy!

rotorsfinished001.jpg

rotorsfinished002.jpg

Heres the tool you use to mate the nut to the bolt

rotorsfinished003.jpg

and heres the finished product

rotorsfinished004.jpg

:) Romell that is just sick , i love the lugs , and by the way thanks for sharing were you got them ive been looking for a place that i could get a good quantity of 00-90 bolts with a good shipping rate , and scale hardware does thank you bro

Davin :D:):unsure:

Edited by mopar01lee

Sad that this is my first post here but kudos to your work, it is amazing! ( just an afterthought.... I thought the battery was a 6 pack :unsure: )

I knew someone would LOL!!! thanks for your comment and compliment! Romell

Edited by Aftashox

Romell - What can I say that hasn't been said...I'm blown away!! Awesome!

The lug nuts just knock it right out of the park.

Oh, and you have a lovely photographer!:)

Thx Tony I'll let the photographer now you like her work LOL! :unsure:

I've been following this build from the begining, and it is awesome! You got some great skills and this thing looks sick.

Keep up the great work, and can't wait to see some more of the nova!

I'll be following that one too. B)

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Sad that this is my first post here but kudos to your work, it is amazing! ( just an afterthought.... I thought the battery was a 6 pack B) )

Well, when I was following Romell's series of pictures on the battery assembly, I have to admit that was my first thought, too! This project is way over the top...amazing.

hey fellas thought post pics of how the trim came out. I dont like BMF so I decided to spray the trim with Alclad Chrome heres how it came out.

First the model has to be masked off

trim001.jpg

then after I spray Tamiya clear to keep the paint from bleeding under the tape. I wait for the clear to dry then spray alclad gloss black on top of the clear, once the black has dried I misted on a coat of Alclad chrome.....

trim002.jpg

trim003.jpg

trim004.jpg

cant forget the doors....

trim005.jpg

Is that because you prefer the look of alclad over BMF or is it just easier for you to do it this way?Im not sure which option I should try having done neither option as of yet.

Edited by glenn

Your Chevelle looks fantastic, Romell. You go so fast and I wanted to make a comment about your flocking. Instead of using an old box, you might like to try flocking over an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper. When you dump the excess flocking onto the paper, you can just fold the paper a little and use it as a funnel to put back in the plastic tube. Saves the time of trying to pick it up with a business card.

Edited by crazyjim

Is that because you prefer the look of alclad over BMF or is it just easier for you to do it this way?Im not sure which option I should try having done neither option as of yet.

Niether is easy as both methods take a little work and preperation, But I do prefer the look of Alclad.

Edited by Aftashox

Your Chevelle looks fantastic, Romell. You go so fast and I wanted to make a comment about your flocking. Instead of using an old box, you might like to try flocking over an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper. When you dump the excess flocking onto the paper, you can just fold the paper a little and use it as a funnel to put back in the plastic tube. Saves the time of trying to pick it up with a business card.

Thats a good method, but the only problem I see in using that is the flocking can be blown off of the paper if by chance you get a breeze or the fan is on or if someone opens a door to your work area, or the airconditioner comes on. By shaking into a box you aviod that problem, yes scooping up with a card may be a little more work but you'll end up not loosing flock to a breeze :)

I was flocking and left the ceiling on - ONCE. Now I remember to turn the fan or the AC unit off before flocking. If the door to my studio is closed, it means knock first!

Fantastic work you're doing on the Chevelle.

Edited by crazyjim

i know it's just a model but i swear you could put some fuel in the tank stick the key in the ignition and fire it up and drive away. keep up the good work rommell. i can't wait till i'm as good as you.

Don't give him ideas sweptline.

I made the mistake of having him on about threading the wheel lugs and look what he's done with those!!!! :D:D

Edited by AlanNZ

Don't give him ideas sweptline.

I made the mistake of having him on about threading the wheel lugs and look what he's done with those!!!! B);)

LOL You don't know Romell do you? LOL I seen some of his work before online and right off the bat with out a dubt I fell in love with his skills and what all he can do with or on a model! I would love to see some of his past model work myself. The guy has imspired me to up my skills or to brushin up on afew :D after seeing his lovely work. All the time I thought I was the only one that had a thing for detail on a model car like that LOL. After seeing or meeting Romell afew years back on another forum and see what he can do, I no longer left alone LOL but feel better that there is someone else out there that has passion for building and detailing a model car that is off the charts LOL.

Romell, bro, are you sure your not my long lost brother? LOL

LOL You don't know Romell do you? LOL I seen some of his work before online and right off the bat with out a dubt I fell in love with his skills and what all he can do with or on a model! I would love to see some of his past model work myself. The guy has imspired me to up my skills or to brushin up on afew :D after seeing his lovely work. All the time I thought I was the only one that had a thing for detail on a model car like that LOL. After seeing or meeting Romell afew years back on another forum and see what he can do, I no longer left alone LOL but feel better that there is someone else out there that has passion for building and detailing a model car that is off the charts LOL.

Romell, bro, are you sure your not my long lost brother? LOL

Yeah Mopar we do go back a few years and a couple forums thx for sticking with me bro. And as always thx for the intense compliments. and you must be my brother from another mother LOL! Yeah I see the resembalance now...

Edited by Aftashox

Hello I decieded it was time to put the body on the chassis , but I had to install the windows first. I went and found the windows in the box also to find that they were scratched small scratches but they were there just the same. so I pulled out the ol Pleadge future so i can dip all the windows in it. Future not only takes care of the scratches but it makes the windows crystal clear. For those of you who have never used future I'll show you just how simple it is to use.

once you fill a small bowl with the future clamp your clear part to something so you can stand it up after you dip it. Then dip the part slowly so you dont create air bubbles (if you do make a few small ones dont worry about them.The future has a self leveling property that makes it smooth itself out and small bubbles will dissappear once you stand the part up to dry.) Then take the part out with one smooth motion, making sure not to splash it let the extra run off the part......

windowsinstalled003.jpg

Now immediately and gently run the bottom edge of your part across some paper towel or a napkin. this lets the excess drain right off the part then put it up to dry takes about 30 mins to fully cure.

windowsinstalled004.jpg

windowsinstalled005.jpg

im also doin the head light lenses so that they have that brand new clearness to them.

windowsinstalled007.jpg

Once the windows have dried you can install, I use 5 min Epoxy because its thick, and it drys fast and it wont stain my new windows.

windowsinstalled002.jpg

I place just a little inside the body and let it get tacky (let it sit about 1 min) then I put the window in on top of it

windowsinstalled001.jpg

And thats all to it......

windowsinstalled010.jpg

windowsinstalled012.jpg

Edited by Aftashox