Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Forgive me Romell for not posting a comment on your outstanding and awesome work. I am in awe over the detail you put into your builds on both scales. I have picked up some tips from your work so keep those sweet pics coming my friend..

Isnt that what this wonderful hobby of ours is all about, sharing what we know with others? thx for your comment Spacecowboy :D

hello I just couldnt wait to work on the motor so i got some progress pics for ya

this first pic shows some of the parts i'll be using

bigblock002.jpg

These are the headers that came with the Ross Gibson kit but as i was cleaning them up i figured I could make some better.

bigblock005.jpg

I made these from solder and polished em up good i still have to make the collectors....

bigblock006.jpg:o

Edited by Aftashox

Heres amock up of the 454 big block. The valve covers are polished aluminum just like on my 1:1 , I painted the resin tunnel ram with Alclad polished aluminum. this should be pretty nice once I get it all wired and plumed

bigblock003.jpg

this is whats in my 1:1

005-2.jpg

bigblock003.jpg

bigblock008.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

B)

I too am very impressed with your building skills!

I find your work with metal to be especially impressive as well!!

(I would have done the work in plastic as I don't like burning my fingers.) HA :lol:

If I might ask, how do you bend your solder with putting a nick in the bends? :blink:

Like where the header comes out of the head? :lol:

I am very glad you have joined the site "fresh ideas" are always welcome!

Thank You for sharing

Let Us see more!

Later

Russ

:lol:

B)

I too am very impressed with your building skills!

I find your work with metal to be especially impressive as well!!

(I would have done the work in plastic as I don't like burning my fingers.) HA :blink:

If I might ask, how do you bend your solder with putting a nick in the bends? B)

Like where the header comes out of the head? :lol:

I am very glad you have joined the site "fresh ideas" are always welcome!

Thank You for sharing

Let Us see more!

Later

Russ

:lol:

Thx for the kindly welcome aboard RustyBill to answer your question, I use a jewlers file about the size of the bend i want to do I just put the file where I want to bend the solder and bend it around the file handle, If you dont have small files you can use any small object like a screw driver, pin vise, small piece of tube, anything..... I hope this helps you out thx for your comments :lol:

Hey Fellas I was able to get some work done on the headers and some other engine parts , but for now i'll show you the progress on the headers. I still have a few touches to add to them but there alomst done. I hope you enjoy :D

headerscomplete004.jpg

headerscomplete005.jpg

headerscomplete006.jpg

these are my 1:1 headers

headers002.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Nice work on the headers. They look great. How did you make the collectors?

I used heatshrink tube for the collectors, i gluded a piece of brass tube to the end of the header and then slid a piece of heat shrink tube over the two pieces, add a little heat and some aluminum Alclad paint and WHA-LA instant collector LOL! :D

Great build going on here!! I'm at the stage in one of my builds that I need to make headers for, can you give a run down on the process you used. Thanks

Robert

Well Robert what I'll do is put together a small tutorial on the header tomarrow :blink:

Hey fellas I got the motor somewhat put together. I still need to make brackets for the air conditioner compressor and get some pulleys. I also have to wire, plumb and add small details like nuts,bolts, and spark plugs . I hope you enjoy these early pics of the motor. :blink:

motormockup001.jpg

motormockup003.jpg

If you look close you can see the altenator bracket and adjustment bolts

motormockup005.jpg