Model Cars Magazine Forum

anyone want to do an overhaulin in scale !

I would like do an Overhaulin here ! Those that take place must have a camera to take pics that way they can post the change ! 4 pics the start the brake down , the rebuild the finish ! I for 1 would like to do it with at least 6 people but would 10 or more ! Give about a month time limit to build it and return it !

If anyone is interested Please PM me here with a pic of the car that you would like to se redone by some else ! please tell us about the car in the PM so we can at least know how to go about the rebuild !

Like i have seen Billy post this green 60s type dodge that i wouldnt mind putting the MINIDREAMS wildness too!LOL! :)

And i know Billy does alot of race cars ,Which i dont do at all so he could somes car and turn it into a stocker , and there are a few here that build only factory cars so he / she took your ald junker of a hot rod and make it look showroom stock , or hell we all could just do like foose and what you send is nothing like you thoght it would be when its returned LOL! We could have alot of with this !

Please respond here or by PM , i would really like to get this going !

heres a pic of my own overhaulin an item i got off ebay

193a5507.jpg

and heres what i turned it into !

41d9af66.jpg

Well hope you all would be into doing this Later David@Minidreams Inc.

I'd like to play but a month won't be long enough to strip the paint offa mine, much less finish it!LOL I recently scored a 62 ford sunliner off ebay. It's black with red interior now. Kinda thinkin' 'bout maybe a coat of Hampstead Green with a Dark green interior.

David, which Dodge are you referring to?

Our TNMCC club theme this last year was overhaulin, which I missed out on as I have a policy of my own that I don't redo things after I build them. But, I just got a free Dodge D-50 builtup that I want to do something with. It's not complete and would entail scratchbuilding and kit bashing too.

I'm not gonna miss out on this one!

Guess I am gone to have to clear the workbench to find my camera so I can play too!

I just got my second ebay score today. This time it's a '60 Ford Sunliner, brush- painted black w/black and white interior!

Now I need to find a '61 for the trio!

Here's my "Overhaulin" candidate:

40sedan_003r4.jpg

I got this cheap on eBay.

40sedan_001r4.jpg

Just a few loose parts. Nothing serious.

40sedan_004r4.jpg

I had to chuckle about the flathead fan belt assembly on the Olds (or is is Pontiac?) motor. Oops.

I think that motor with a 6-71 blower and a coupla carbs otta be ok. And some newer wheels and tires, a detailed interior and a bit of HOK or Boyd's paint on it should transform it a bit. Nothing radical, just brought up to contemporary street rod configuration.

I remember an article in one of the model car magazines from the early 60s where they showed how to chop the top and section the body on wonna these bodies. Ahh....if I hadn't thrown so much stuff out and if I had a better memory, etc.

So...anyone wanna offer suggestions for doing things in a unique way?

• 5 weeks later...