Model Cars Magazine Forum

Identify this kit/body - Mazda 1300 Estate

I've never heard of such a kit but a member of a Mazda Rotary forum I'm on found this picture:

S7302806-vi.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on this? I know there is a Mazda Familia/R100 coupe kit available so maybe it is a custom made resin body based on that.

Look for a modeler here named madslammer, he would be able to tell you all the information on this and other rotary models from here in Puerto Rico.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

I've never heard of such a kit but a member of a Mazda Rotary forum I'm on found this picture:

S7302806-vi.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on this? I know there is a Mazda Familia/R100 coupe kit available so maybe it is a custom made resin body based on that.

Oh sweet! They were known as a Chrysler Galant wagon in Australia. The flutes on the rear quarters were only found on the coupes which in fact we did not get down here (New Zealand did though).

The orange model in your first post is nothing like the Colt wagon shown in resin. Just because it's a Japanese 3 door wagon doesn't mean it's at all the same.

I'm pretty sure the model you are looking for information on is based on the old Entex/Bandai 1/20 scale Mazda R100. I've only ever seen one of the R100 kits ever, I bought it and gave it to one of my best friends who was a rotary fanatic. He still has the builtup model. Needless to say, finding the R100 kit is never going to be easy, as they didn't sell too many back when they were available.

Yes, that's the correct spelling, the only thing is.. :lol:, that the nickname has to be divided, like this, mad slammer!

Contact him because since he's deep into the model cars here in Puerto Rico, will be able to contact you and to get a lot of pictures of rotary model cars in 1/24 due that they are extremly popular here.

Good luck, my friend!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Thanks! Is that the exact spelling of his username? I can't seem to find him.

Well, I remember to get in yahoo Japan like 10 years ago a R100 in 1/24. It was a 4 door model but, it could be easy to convert it into a 2 door car. The price, as expected, very high, around $125 and whe I saw it I wouldn't pay even $10, but, it was an R100. I bouth this model car for a friend that still have it and as far as I know, he can sell it.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

The orange model in your first post is nothing like the Colt wagon shown in resin. Just because it's a Japanese 3 door wagon doesn't mean it's at all the same.

I'm pretty sure the model you are looking for information on is based on the old Entex/Bandai 1/20 scale Mazda R100. I've only ever seen one of the R100 kits ever, I bought it and gave it to one of my best friends who was a rotary fanatic. He still has the builtup model. Needless to say, finding the R100 kit is never going to be easy, as they didn't sell too many back when they were available.

OK, I found it!.....This is the one:

MazdaRX-100.jpg

Simón Rivera

Well, I remember to get in yahoo Japan like 10 years ago a R100 in 1/24. It was a 4 door model but, it could be easy to convert it into a 2 door car. The price, as expected, very high, around $125 and whe I saw it I wouldn't pay even $10, but, it was an R100. I bouth this model car for a friend that still have it and as far as I know, he can sell it.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Edited by simonr

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Hello Simon!! That kit was made from a Dodge Colt 4 door (the car, not the wagon). The ownwer's name is Angel Quintana, from Puerto Rico, and the master of the kit was made by another fellow modeler. His name is Antonio (by the way, he's another great modeler, too!!) I have another one that Antonio made the master for me, and I'm making some modifications to it, to build it as a street version. About the model you showed in the photo, I had one of those, (I paid $215.00 for it and I sold it 5 years later for $265.00) and, believe me, that kit isn't easy to make a two door of it as you think. That kit is a motorized version, and the details are very poor ones... You can convert it in a Mazda 1200 instead of a Mazda R100.....

I'm including some photos of my R100 project,so you can observe the difference between both wagons.....post-680-12745486903262_thumb.jpgpost-680-12745487229631_thumb.jpgpost-680-12745487767928_thumb.jpgpost-680-1274548854388_thumb.jpg

Hello Simon!! That kit was made from a Dodge Colt 4 door (the car, not the wagon). The ownwer's name is Angel Quintana, from Puerto Rico, and the master of the kit was made by another fellow modeler. His name is Antonio (by the way, he's another great modeler, too!!) I have another one that Antonio made the master for me, and I'm making some modifications to it, to build it as a street version. About the model you showed in the photo, I had one of those, (I paid $215.00 for it and I sold it 5 years later for $265.00) and, believe me, that kit isn't easy to make a two door of it as you think. That kit is a motorized version, and the details are very poor ones... You can convert it in a Mazda 1200 instead of a Mazda R100.....

I'm including some photos of my R100 project,so you can observe the difference between both wagons.....post-680-12745486903262_thumb.jpgpost-680-12745487229631_thumb.jpgpost-680-12745487767928_thumb.jpgpost-680-1274548854388_thumb.jpg

As he says. . . I couldn't have told it better. . . B):lol::blink:

Hey Abraham!..First of all I have to tell, that this isn't my post, I just tried to be helpful and since this post has already a couple of days here and I saw the name of Puerto Rico under the model, I refered our friend Eeoyore to Mad Slammer, due to, unlike me, I don't see you guys here as a daily basis. About this model, I got mine from a friend in Japan in May 2001, I don't know if by that time you have it or not, since I hadn't see one then here in Puerto Rico in the shows by that time. I didn't remember to see if it's motorized or not, to me it's not. I can ask my friend anyway. About the conversion, I said "could", and that makes a big difference. To me that's not a big deal in modeling, there's more tiny tasks that are more difficult to achieve.B),...like this in 1/43 for example:

http://www.geocities.jp/dreamworks43modelcars/tyrrelp34.htm

http://www.geocities.jp/dreamworks43modelcars/tyrrelp34-3.htm

Well my friend Eeyore, I guess you resolved your problem, these are the guys you have to ask about this, just ask 'em.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

• 5 months later...