Model Cars Magazine Forum

that Willys

noname

Finally finished this one. This Willys represents a car that would have been raced in the early sixties, then got passed through a few hands while sitting around. Then in the late sixties someone got a hold of an x S/S 426 Wedge motor and went racing again. Hope you like.

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

Thanks guys. I actually got inspiration from a 1:1 car in Rod and Kulture mag. The only real difference is that mine has two carbs instead of one and the one in the mag is blue with clear glass. I really liked the Wedge motor idea. I can see some of these motors hanging around as left over Super Stock motors.

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys, never thought I'd see this popping up again. I actually wasn't 100% happy with it so I repainted it while back.

70.jpg

I have since had some more practice weathering and will do another weathered drag car in the future. Thanks for bringing this up again.

Thanks muchly Dave and Ron. Ya, this kit can be used in alot of ways. I still have a couple that will likely end up as period Gassers. Hard to believe these cars actually started out as a stock everyday driver. Now it is hard to see them as anything but a drag or custom.

Matt, I like both versions, but tell me you didn't paint over the first one? The weathering (rusting) on that one was subtle and very well done.

Besides, the 41 Willys is one of those kits you might as well buy by the half dozen . . . once you get addicted to building them, you won't be able to stop.

i really like both versions...weathering on the first one looks great...i also like the motor choice as everyone has a hemi in it. i think its kind of a shame that you repainted it though...i would of just built another one.