Model Cars Magazine Forum

'51 Fleetline

Customizer

This one had lot done.Chopped the top about 1/8",sectioned it about 1/8",pie cut the hood to streamline the front a bit,custom front facia with Corvette grill.The headlights are frenched with aluminum trim rings.'59 Cadillac tail lights.It's got the kit straight 6 in it but the hood's so low I installed Weber carbs for clearance.The side pipes are polished aluminum tubing with caps.Underneath the sidepipes are hooked up to an existing dual exhaust system.The paint is my first attempt at ghost flames.The interior is done in tuck and roll upholstery.

Thanks for looking,Ron.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Thanks everybody! Russ, the car was primed in white (Boyds Model Master),the flame masks were cut from masking tape and positioned, then the car was sprayed with a coat of flat red enamel. If it bleeds thru just sand it down to the white and touch it up. Last step is to spray on a coat of stoplight red metallic.

Jim, those pipes were a pain,tubing is nice but the next time I'm using solid aluminum rod so it won't collapse in a tight corner. Also with solid rod you can drill the end with a 1/32 " bit and use brass rod to assemble the parts.The caps are made from plastic,make the shape you want,drill two holes and insert some stretched sprue for bolts and mount a pin on the back to locate it to a hole in the end of the pipe.

51ChevyFleetlinebottom.jpg

Thanks for asking,Ron.