Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well here it is this is sort of loosley based on a friend of my brothers truck, my brothers friend Tim, works at GM and has since he graduated High school, He worked and still Works in the GM trucks plant the next town over in Oshawa, he bought a new '92 Chevy W/T, and has had it ever since it only has 108,xxx KMS on it and no rust or body damage, His truck is an automatic, and blue, and has a tan interior, and the 4.3l Vortec, but this is my Model and I have to live with it, mines going to be white, grey interior, 350 4SPD.

Bench seat is 3 modified Bucket seats,

Almost all of the suspension is scratchbuilt or parts box salvaged,

Grille is scratchbuilt,

Homemade decals,

scratchbuilt hollow exuast tip,

Real metal coil springs,

photoreduced Chiltons, Haynes, 7/11 coffee cup, bumper sticker, Ontario Truck plates and Chevy/GMC Owners bible,

metal foil Bed rails and tailgate cover,

FILE0500.jpg

FILE0503.jpg

FILE0501.jpg

FILE0510.jpg

FILE0502.jpg

FILE0509.jpg

FILE0508.jpg

FILE0507.jpg

FILE0506.jpg

Looks nice Nick, nothin like a plain ol' chev truck!i

Thanks Jared, I've worked on these old W/T's before and there a lot of fun.

I like the window sticker...did you make that, Nick?

Nope just found the picture and reduced it then printed it.

:lol: Hey Nick,

This W/T looks great!!! I love the manuals in the interior.Did you just reduce and print those also?? Nice touch!!! :lol:

It looks like you are getting better and better at this hobby.

I have a suggestion for you with the pics.Check and see if your camera has a light balance adjustment for indoor lighting.That will make all your pics the correct color.

You are really getting good with the engine bay.You are miles ahead of where I was at that age.

Very Nice Job,Nick and keep modeling.

:lol: Hey Nick,

This W/T looks great!!! I love the manuals in the interior.Did you just reduce and print those also?? Nice touch!!! :lol:

It looks like you are getting better and better at this hobby.

I have a suggestion for you with the pics.Check and see if your camera has a light balance adjustment for indoor lighting.That will make all your pics the correct color.

You are really getting good with the engine bay.You are miles ahead of where I was at that age.

Very Nice Job,Nick and keep modeling.

Thanks, it's a new camera so I'm still playing with the settings.

Nice truck. looks ok. just need to touch up the grill.

yep, and thank you.

Very good looking truck, especially all the little touches. Some very clean lines on the window trim!

The metal on the tailgate is interesting.

I could lie and say I have a steady hand but it's sharpie, the metal is something I see very often around here.

Great looking Truck.

A nice Base model truck too..

Nice work..

Thanks Rodney, I like the "non-mainstreamers"

Let me be of some help.

I may also not be the best of spellers here either so I use Mozilla Firefox and it comes with

a built in spell checker. (thank goodness)

A simple Type O but I can see past those and see the build.

Word Origin & History

ecstatic

1620s, "mystically absorbed, stupefied," from Gk. ekstatikos, from eksta- (see ecstatic). Meaning "characterized by intense emotions" is from 1660s

Let me be of some help.

I may also not be the best of spellers here either so I use Mozilla Firefox and it comes with

a built in spell checker. (thank goodness)

A simple Type O but I can see past those and see the build.

Word Origin & History

ecstatic

1620s, "mystically absorbed, stupefied," from Gk. ekstatikos, from eksta- (see ecstatic). Meaning "characterized by intense emotions" is from 1660s

Thats what I meant Rodney

could be exactly right :rolleyes:

Mr.Jones waking young grasshopper Nick from his slumber in the back of the classroom will re-animate him and get him moving again from his formerly "static" state making him truly ex-static.

Nick this one is better than some of your past builds but you've essentially established a "style" of your own that makes it to where you could post a build without telling me it's one that you built and i'd know that you built it. developing your own style isn't really a bad thing unless that "style" regularly features poorly done work. there was a guy here who i believe now is purely just a lurker but also the owner of several Proboards model sites. he could lay down some fairly nice paintjobs on his builds but lacked really any other skills beyond that. his finished models look like those a child built but he's an adult with a claimed 30+ years of experience. it's easy to find his models because they too almost always look the same, a unique style regardless of the subject.

Dave

Dave, I never sit in the back of any classroom, can't hear or see whats going on, I prefer to sit at the front, which in all 4 of my daily class' I do.

Really I have a style? Go figure, this is not meant sarcasticly, I mean, I just build what I like.