Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello all this i think is my first post here trucks are by far my favorite subject to build or more to the point four wheels drive tricks from show to hard core trail/rock crawlers im not sure about any rules for posting pics so i'll only include about 5 per post i hope that isnt too many. Well here they are the first is a Jeep CJ7 i built for trail riding and mild rock crawling

CJ7Crawler5.jpg

The second is a hard core trail rig and rock crawler something you might see in Four Wheel and Off Road magazine's Top Truck Challenge its allmost completely scratch built

IMG_0595.jpg

The third isa Jeep CJ5 i built as a show and go type sort of like a daily driver

P1010693.jpg

The fourth is a fully scratch built hard core rig and crawler another TTC truck

P1010600.jpg

The fith is my pride and joy my 79 Bronco another TTC rig the suspension is in a "posed " postion

IMG_1130.jpg

So there are some any and all comments good or bad are welcome and Thanks in advance for looking

Willie

WoW! I can't say enough about how good those look. That's a lot of work fabbing all that. Are the ones in the rocks in a little diorama with the suspension posed. .or does it really articulate? They all look SO good!

Jeff i cant believe it either thanks for the welcome Mike the Bronco's suspension isnt a working one i havent had the guts or skills to pull of one of those yet the diorama set was just a spot in my backyard Brian thanks also as for the rockwells the ones on the Jeep came from one of the older MPC monster truck kits with alot of added detail these are really closer to the 5 ton Rocks and not the 2 1/2 ton that most everybody uses the Rockwells i have on the yellow buggy were scratch built to remeble some i saw at Pirate 4x4 with a chrome molly housing if you want check my Photobucket and you can see them more

Thanks again all for the compliments, Willie

Jeff i cant believe it either thanks for the welcome Mike the Bronco's suspension isnt a working one i havent had the guts or skills to pull of one of those yet the diorama set was just a spot in my backyard Brian thanks also as for the rockwells the ones on the Jeep came from one of the older MPC monster truck kits with alot of added detail these are really closer to the 5 ton Rocks and not the 2 1/2 ton that most everybody uses the Rockwells i have on the yellow buggy were scratch built to remeble some i saw at Pirate 4x4 with a chrome molly housing if you want check my Photobucket and you can see them more

Thanks again all for the compliments, Willie

. . . . . .

• 10 months later...

Hello Bates the Bronco is one of the older releases by AMT it was the "Wild Hoss" edition it was later rereleased a couple of years ago i think Thanks all again for the comments and Tooltas i have the truck planned my major hold back now is the bed the Revell kit is the standard bed i need a "flareside" bed no body makes one or at least i havent found one yet so i'm having to scratchbuild one i allready did the Escalade front clip swap i did make the frame out of styrene but it just wouldnt keep shape all that well even with heating it i'm going to do a new one using brass rod as soon as i make better progress i'll start a thread here

Thanks, Willie