Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Factory Freak"

7 posts in this topic

Posted

ok I posted my truck as #6 so this truck will be #7 this is my grandfathers other truck, he bought it in '85 after he realized his S10 wasn't gonna cut it for work, this was ordered by a company to be a wrecker, it's a 3500 Silverado single wheel stepside, they were going to put the boom in the bed, but they deceided to just order a Wrecker package from GM instead so my grandfather bought her at 6 months old.

Right now she's getting new paint, and a new bed floor.

FILE0649.jpg

FILE0648.jpg

FILE0647.jpg

FILE0646.jpg

FILE0645.jpg

FILE0650.jpg

FILE0651.jpg

FILE0652.jpg

FILE0653.jpg

Posted

FILE0654.jpg

FILE0655.jpg

FILE0656.jpg

FILE0644.jpg

FILE0643.jpg

FILE0642.jpg

FILE0641.jpg

FILE0639.jpg

FILE0692.jpg

look for the "True barn find" next

Posted

Sure does look like a front yard pant job.

reminds me of some of my dads paint jobs.

That's alot of leafspings for a daily driving truck tho.

hope he removes a few.

Paint job looks tho :D

Posted

This is my grandfathers workhorse Rodney, the S10 is his baby, the paint isn't done still has to get 1 more coat then cleared.

Posted

that's a massive rear spring pack :huh: probably rides a bit on the "stiff" side.

hate me for saying it but it looks like a decent start for a slammed street truck. i'd put that truck on the ground on some air suspension and swap some 4 wheels discs onto it with 5-lug. it could be alot of fun with the small block built up and the 4 speed, although that granny gear low 1st would probably be about useless. maybe some 3 series gears in the rear axle would make it more tolerable.

Dave

It's a 1 ton single wheel that was ordered to be a tow truck, the garage deceided they'd trade it in for a wrecker package truck you could get from GM at the time, which was a good choice on there part after all this truck dosen't have any of the light hook ups or electrical wiring.

it would be good for that I guess, but for now she still has to work for her keep.

Posted (edited)

Your pictures aren't showing.. :) Methinks you need another photo host... Bandwidth exceeded? What's that all about anyways?

Edited by impcon

Posted

Your pictures aren't showing.. :huh: Methinks you need another photo host... Bandwidth exceeded? What's that all about anyways?

I know I'm almost finished fixing them.