Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Hudson Hornet is coming....

Drago

I dont know if anyone already posted something about it, anyway… here it comes…

Mobeius Plastic Model Kits is going to start its vehicles catalogue with one of the most emblematic race cars of American history:

#1200 1953 Hudson Hornet 1/25 - $28.99

end of 2010…

2010 seems to be a good year to plastic modelers…

I love this car! lets wait and see…

Edited by Drago

Hummmmmmmm, when I see Doc Hudson, then I'll actually beleive that there even is a Moebus and a Hudson model . Till then ....... Ed Shaver

Hey, that's my idea! :huh: I already plan on buying one when they hit the shelves to build Doc Hudson!! :blink:

I just got home from reviewing the tooling mockup of the Moebius Hudson Hornet kit, and as the title above says, OMIGAWD!

This is the first time I've seen a tooling mockup for a 1/25 scale model car kit done in 1/25 scale. The standard industry pattern has always been to do these mockups in 1/10th scale, then pantograph them down to 25th scale, to eliminate any gaps between parts and such, make it easier for the patternmakers, but not this one! It is, without a doubt, the finest bit of scratchbuilding in styrene I have ever seen in my entire life. Details crisp and clean, body perfect (they nailed the shapes--the only flat panels anywhere are the side windows). Under the hood sits the legendary 308cid, 270hp flathead 6, dual carbs, carb linkage, all the fittings and little extras--all a modeler is gonna have to do is add in the wiring, and nail it.

In short, it is simply impressive.

Art

Wow. Coming from you, Art, that is a magnificent endorsement indeed.

That's great news. The bad news is ... now we have to wait for it to be tooled and molded and packaged and delivered. The wait will be interminable. OMG ... I just cannot wait to get my hands on some of these!

I just got home from reviewing the tooling mockup of the Moebius Hudson Hornet kit, and as the title above says, OMIGAWD!

This is the first time I've seen a tooling mockup for a 1/25 scale model car kit done in 1/25 scale. The standard industry pattern has always been to do these mockups in 1/10th scale, then pantograph them down to 25th scale, to eliminate any gaps between parts and such, make it easier for the patternmakers, but not this one! It is, without a doubt, the finest bit of scratchbuilding in styrene I have ever seen in my entire life. Details crisp and clean, body perfect (they nailed the shapes--the only flat panels anywhere are the side windows). Under the hood sits the legendary 308cid, 270hp flathead 6, dual carbs, carb linkage, all the fittings and little extras--all a modeler is gonna have to do is add in the wiring, and nail it.

In short, it is simply impressive.

Art

Sounds like an awesome kit!

Art, had this comment come from too many others that post here , I wouldda blown it off. Now with that said and having talked to you personally on the phone , I know you're for real . You must remember the "Ya gotta buy a case of these Komments made by several Dubious model kit critics at ANOTHER MAGAZINE years past . Sorry but that cost me a wasted trip to the hobby store to buy an over priced 1960 Bonniville H T that looked like a cartoon charicter !

Seeing as this Moebious company seems to be a real concern , and you're timely revue , I might actually allow my guard down long enough to trust somebody besides ole A M T and Revell. Ed Shaver

Edited by Eshaver

how soon till it hits the shelves??? Want one Need One GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!

Still shooting for November/early December. A handful of minor corrections needed were noted today, and next week it goes before the licensor (Chrysler Corp owns the rights to Hudson), and perhaps a week or so after it gets back to the pattern shop, hopefully tooling begins immediately.

Art

Guest Chris V

Wow, can't wait to see this one IRL

I don't know if it's been discussed yet, but which of the body-styles will it be - Coupe or Sedan?

:P Great news! I've seen a couple of these 1:1 versions customized, & they really look nice,(even though they sorta look like the venerable Merc') so a few purists will no doubt be inflamed when when they see why I want one. But the one I really want is the Chrysler, gotta have a few of those, I already see Magnum cross in the works (like the full size one). Edited by horsepower

We need pics!! What does one guy say here? Something about it didn't happen if there are no pics.

Well, I can assure you that 4 people reviewed those mockups yesterday, one of them being Bill Coulter, whose name has graced Model Cars Magazine several times over the years. It did happen, and the plastic kit will happen. It's just that I do not have any say in when pics of the mockups will be posted anywhere online. That decision will be Dave Metzner's, and he's very likely to do so in the very near future, so just tie a knot in the end of your rope, and hang on, OK?

Art