Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Hudson Hornet is coming....

Drago

Art, you already have me droolling uncontrollably for the International Lonestar, I already told my local hobby shop he'd better order a case just for me! :lol: I'd say just by your description, when the pic do become available, I'd better have the wet/dry vac ready!! :unsure:

to eliminate any gaps between parts and such

Art

Art, are they scanning the parts then, and feed that data into whatever steers the milling machines?

Interesting approach, do hope that Dave posts pics.

Thx

Luc

Edited by Luc Janssens

I'll be interested to see how this kit comes out...and how dealing with Chrysler goes, I've been told they're very difficult, although with the new ownership, perhaps not as much.

I'll tell you right now, this comes even close to right, almost every H-E-T member around the world will buy one just because.

I'm going to see if they want a review done of it for White Triangle News, the club magazine.

Charlie Larkin

I agree Ken, I'm glad for what info we get. This keeps our imaginations fired up, and keeps us wanting more. Someone of Art's stature in this hobby isn't going to pass along any bogus info.

• 1 month later...

Here is a link to a photo gallery showing the mock-up of the Moebius Models 1953 Hudson Hornet Club Coupe. This is a mix of photos showing the mock-up at various stages of development. It is currently undergoing one last round of minor revisions. I hope that we can start tooling within the next 10 days - 2 weeks.

My link

Thanks,

Dave

Thanx so much for the detailed pictures. The number of discreet parts is amazing and will help the builder to detail out a completed model that will be exceptionally satisfying. I suspect this will be a feature that will attract modelers who might otherwise pass over the subject matter and make this release very successful indeed. I'm sure we'll all agree that we owe you a vote of thanks for creating such a high quality model! Can't wait for its release!cool.gifsmile.gif

Edited by gbk1

I will be doing at least four: 1) Doc Hudson in racing form, 2) Doc Hudson in retirement civvies, 3) a custom, and 4) a replica of my grandfather's '53 Hudson police car.

Am I happy? You betcha, but not as happy as I'll be once those four kits are in my greedy, eager little hands.

:P;):lol:

I can guarantee at least a 1000 sales from the Hudson-Essex-Terreplane Club once word gets out. That is absolutely fantastic! I've spent enough time around the real ones to confirm that this is a VERY accurate model. Please show your support and buy one. You won't be sorry.

Charlie Larkin

Another kit I MUST have. It raises the bar on detail. I was impressed by the separate "robe rails" or whatever they're called on the front seat backs. I can feel my wallet lightening already! My brother wants to commission me to build one for his friend that has a 1:1. The H-E-T Club will definitely buy these in bulk.