Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1967 Camaro SS annual

It looks that way in the pictures but in most angles in real life it looks the same. I think it is the angles of the fenders and the drop of the front header against the hood with the color shifting paint that makes it look that way. :(

DSCN0352-vi.jpg

I have to agree with the Keckster; I noticed it, too. VERY noticeable in the LF 3/4 views and the overhead taken from the left side. But it doesn't show up in this overhead shot. Hmmmmm. :lol:

Interesting paint, strange effect, but gorgeous color!

Edited by Danno

Added a black bumblebee stripe tonight from a rare OOP The Last Detail decal set.

DSCN0354-vi.jpg

Here's some pics after I blacked out the grille.

DSCN0356-vi.jpg

DSCN0358-vi.jpg

I have to admint that this paint was not working for me last night. But now, after adding the stripe and the blackout on the grille it is starting to talk to me. :lol:;)

Edited by Marc @ MPC Motorsports

BTW- I noticed that your hood is different than the one in orange plastic. Did you modify it or is it a completely different hood?

Later-

Different hood. I switched from the orange MPC hood to one from an AMT 1969 Camaro Pace Car kit, also found in the AMT Super Hugger funny car kits. The AMT hood fits this AMT body better.

Marc, this is looking real nice so far. Did you need any special paint prep to lay down that Pactra color? Like, what kind of primer did you use? I used to use Pactra r/c paint way back in the old days as a color base and shoot a candy top coat over them. The Pactra pearl colors were pretty wild then. Haven't paid much attention to them in years but may need to check these out again soon. Build is looking great, keep up the good work.

Marc, this is looking real nice so far. Did you need any special paint prep to lay down that Pactra color? Like, what kind of primer did you use? I used to use Pactra r/c paint way back in the old days as a color base and shoot a candy top coat over them. The Pactra pearl colors were pretty wild then. Haven't paid much attention to them in years but may need to check these out again soon. Build is looking great, keep up the good work.

Thanks, Mike.

I sprayed the Pactra right over Tamiya grey primer. One coat of the black base and four coats of the Aqua Wave. At this point, there is two coats of Tamiya TS-13 clear over that with final clear coats to come this weekend.

Added a black bumblebee stripe tonight from a rare OOP The Last Detail decal set.

DSCN0354-vi.jpg

Here's some pics after I blacked out the grille.

DSCN0356-vi.jpg

DSCN0358-vi.jpg

I have to admint that this paint was not working for me last night. But now, after adding the stripe and the blackout on the grille it is starting to talk to me. :):D

Told ya so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's looking better now !!!!!!

I got some quality bench time with the Camaro this weekend. Paint is polished, painted the rear taillight panel and front spoiler matt black along with the inside of the taillight housings.

DSCN0364-vi.jpg

DSCN0366-vi.jpg

DSCN0367-vi.jpg

DSCN0368-vi.jpg

The taillights and rear bumper are Modelhaus pieces. A photoetched gas cap will reside on the tail panel where AMT molded in one. The original was destroyed by the custom tail panel that was attached to this car when I received it. I've started restoring the glue-bombed 1967 interior tub so watch for pics of it soon.

Enjoy!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I finished the '69 Barracuda so it's back to work on the '67 Camaro. I finished the bodywork and shot some paint last night. In a change of heart and probably my better judgement, I went with Pactra R/C Aqua Wave. It is a flip-flop paint that you shoot over a black base. Here's a few pics to see if you think I've lost it. ;)

DSCN0343-vi.jpg

The plan is to go with a white nose stripe and either a white or grey interior. Have I lost it?

No, I liked it so much, I bought a can myself.....

Edited by Len Geisler

• 1 month later...

I painted the interior from the 1967 Camaro today. I chose to keep the stock front bucket seats and to paint the whole thing to mimic the 1967 deluxe interior package. Below is a pic from a 1:1 Camaro.

0702phr_11_z+ray_baguios_1967_camaro+interior.jpg

Here's my version.

DSCN0465-vi.jpg

I painted the interior Tamiya Fine White Primer, masked the stripes with 1mm masking tape, and painted with Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black.

Enjoy!!!