Model Cars Magazine Forum

BTCC Mazda Xedos color issue

Hello,

Firtsly sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have just registered so hello everyone. I only build BTCC models and just need some help.

I have just gotten into model painting and just need some help getting hold of a certain color of paint for the Mazda Xedos 1993 which was driven by Watts:

Picture here

Would you please be able to tell me where i could get hold of this color (the pink/damson color), any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Edited by J Potato

The colour is RAL 4006 'Traffic Purple'. Most automotive paint shops can make you an aerosol tin. Alternatively, you can try your local DIY shop. Platikote makes a very similar colour called 'Signal Violet'.

Edited by Junkman

The colour is RAL 4006 'Traffic Purple'. Most automotive paint shops can make you an aerosol tin. Alternatively, you can try your local DIY shop. Platikote makes a very similar colour called 'Signal Violet'.

Thankyou so much, i have spent hours and hours looking on the internet and emailing people and this is almost perfect. I will order some tonight and hopefully get cracking next week sometime, i will also update this thread with photo's etc. of my progress.

DSC00402.jpg

Edited by J Potato

Not a problem m8, you are very welcome.

When it comes to race car colours it's always worthwhile to check the RAL chart. Teams often use standard colours to make repaints or touch ups between meetings as easy as possible.

UPDATE: Sprayed the shell with primer today ready to paint tomorrow, needs the mirrors done in yellow first then once dry i will do the first base coat. I will update friday hopefully with some pictures.

Does anyone have any photos of the rear of this car for when i start with the decals? I have a few pictures that came with it of the same car from a different championship, i think stcc or etcc but need to know if there decals are the same. Thanks.

Edited by J Potato