Model Cars Magazine Forum

International 9400

Here is the latest on my bench. International 9400. Hood mastered and casted by Leo Vanderstelt. Chassis and cab are from a Paystar kit. Wheels and tires were also casted by Leo.

CIMG5555.jpg

IH9400.jpg

Edited by Paul B

nice!!!! that would be "cast by" not "casted by" :blink:

I'm nit picking your text not the truck :blink:

I'd hope you weren't nit picking the truck, since it IS your design! B) I like the red, it really sets it off. What are you going to have it pulling?

By the way, Leo, those wheels and tires look great, too. I LOVE those drives!

• 3 weeks later...

That is one nice build. Any more progress on it?

Thanks. I have been slowly making progres. I will try to get some pictures up soon. My modeling and computer time greatly diminishes once Summer and fire season arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

030.jpg

034.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of the IH9400 that I took a month ago. I have made some progress beyond what you see here. I hope it doesn't take me a month to get new pictures up.

I have been absent from my bench lately and have not been able to participate in any of the model groups/ forums. With it being summertime, vacations, and working for a department that is short staffed right now, I've been putting in a lot of time at work, 96-120 hrs a week. Work has also been busy. I have been to more vegetation fires this year than I went to last year and fire season has barely started. Call volume, plus recruit training, in service training, and on going projects have meant little down time or sleep at work and when I am home I am just flat out exhausted. So, I apologize for my absence and lack of comments on others work. I hope things will settle down later and I will be more interactive. In the meantime I am trying to squeeze a little modeling in here and there and trying to take advantage of the benefits of all the extra work.

• 3 weeks later...

Made it home long enough to get a little more done. The IH is almost done, a few little odds and ends left to finish up. With the tractor almost done I've turned my attention towards the trailer. I started with left over tub pieces from the gravel trailers I used for a gravel train several years ago. The tub is now stretched to 30'. The suspension is a modified Peerless log trailer suspension. Trailer wheels are the same resin repops of the IH 4300 wheels that are on the tractor. The rest of the trailer is being made from scratch and the parts box.

015.jpg

019-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments guys. Fortunately there was a very similar trailer at the ATHS national convention in Pleasanton, where I was able to get some good refrence pictures. You can find them in my Photobucket album by following the link in my signature line.

Paul,

I just had a look at your albums. WOW! Its been an hour now and I still haven't looked at everything. Your model collection is very impressive indeed. Thanks for sharing your albums with us.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I am glad you liked the pictures.