Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 Ford Coupe

speedy5963

While sorting through stuff looking for parts for another project I found this 49 body and a 57 Chevy that had been started YEARS ago. There were some flaws which is why they probably got tucked away but I decided to work them over. Below are some pics after a few coats of primer. I see a number of more things to do which I was prepared for. I've smoothed off the drip rails, removed the door handles. Taken off the ford emblem under the side moldings and modified the custom front section. I'm most likely going to paint the stock wheels with some Guards Red and assemble them with the beuaty rings and possibly the caps and see how they look mounted on some nice white walls.

Sat028.jpg

Here are a few pics, there were some deep scribe lines that had come out of the door and decklid lines so I filled those along with some more work around the front pan. I'm still thinking out some ideas for taillights but otherwise should have some more coats of primer on this soon.

Paul050.jpg

Paul052.jpgPaul053.jpg

Here are a few pics I took this afternoon after working over some spots with some more evercoat and sanding. The funny thing is that this is relatively basic stuff and what I am spending the time correcting is the mistakes made years ago. So far it is looking good. The pics may not look a whole lot different than first stage primer but there were some nice corrections made. I laid down another 3 fine coats and then applied some black spray can mist to use as a guide coat for blocking. I also got the DBC Guards Red shot on the wheels and beauty rings set, will try to post some shots, not sure if I will use those rims for sure but will at least look good for mock ups.

1949ford005.jpg

1949ford004.jpg1949ford002.jpg

Edited  by speedy5963

I see you're moving right along Paul...lookin' good

will enjoy watching your progress with this model

howz your dad doin'...do ya let him sniff some glue and/or paint once in awhile? :)

Hey Curt, thanks for the comments, dad is doing well, has actually been out a little driving on his own, big improvements! Getting him to piddle around with a few things in the garage but not a lot yet.

Thanks for the comments, I'm hoping it comes out pretty solid, letting the primer set well for a good base, have lots of ideas for colors. I'm going to start looking at the interior tonight or this weekend, not sure if I'm going to stick with the bench seats or attempt a four bucket custom. We'll see, this car is a "wing it" job so who knows, will keep you guys posted