Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fruehauf Tank Trailer

Well, I've been working on this for a little while now; so I figured I'd post some WIP pics. I have the frame & suspension done & tank assembled. My plan is to plum the brake lines. We'll see how that goes. Anyway, that's where I am so far.

FILE0019.jpg

FILE0020.jpg

FILE0021.jpg

Edited by Jim B

• 1 month later...

Here are the latest in progress pics for my 1975 Fruehauf Tank Trailer. As you can see I managed to get some paint on the tank & frame, and I plumbed the brake lines. First time doing that. It was interesting. I decided to go without the spare tire carrier as most fuel tankers don't have one.

Enjoy.

FILE0042.jpg

FILE0039.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ray,

What I did was took some aluminum flashing and cut a REALLY think strip (which curled up on itself). After I straightened it out, I formed the "bump" of the clamp over a micro drill the same size as the #30 wire I used. Then I cut the "tabs" to size, and super glued it to the front of the tank securing the hose.

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I touch this trailer something falls off! Today was no exception. I was working on adding the outlet valves, and as i was trying to fit one on I heard a SNAP. The fricken' tank came off!!! I could not beleive it. The only thing holding it on is the air lines. Even the outlet piping fell off. What a nightmare. I'll be glad when I can finialy put this one on the shelf. Of course, it might never make it to the shelf because when I pick it up to move it to the shelf something will break off. AAGGGHHHHH!

Every time I touch this trailer something falls off! Today was no exception. I was working on adding the outlet valves, and as i was trying to fit one on I heard a SNAP. The fricken' tank came off!!! I could not beleive it. The only thing holding it on is the air lines. Even the outlet piping fell off. What a nightmare. I'll be glad when I can finialy put this one on the shelf. Of course, it might never make it to the shelf because when I pick it up to move it to the shelf something will break off. AAGGGHHHHH!

True so true,you should see the ones I build at time I may a extra 50 parts or so.