Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olds Aerotech

Towmaster Dave

I normally don't build racecars, but have always liked the looks of this car. I built this mostly out-of-the-box, had some fit issues, but not too bad and added a few wires and its painted German Silver and Graphite Metallic. Detail pictures for this car aren't easy to find, so a lot of this was a guessing game.

Thanks for Looking,

Dave

DSCN2203.jpg

DSCN2206.jpg

DSCN2207.jpg

DSCN2204.jpg

DSCN2205.jpg

Wow! Looks really good! I am building mine right now and I have fit issues as well! I'm gonna glue the back half on permanently and hinge the engine hatch and canopy. The air scoops were interfering with the back half of the body going on, so I had to trim them. You have the same trouble?

I had to trim the rear intake scoops a little. The main fit issue was the rear cover, I think I'm going to be gluing it down also. I mainly left it unglued to take pictures. Most of it went together really easy, just wish there was more reference for this car.

Dave

Yep, mine were butting up against the radiator assembly pushing the whole rear body portion away from the front portion till I trimmed 'em. :unsure: You did a great job, it looks very cool!! B)Thanks for the pics!!