Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Plymouth Barracuda notchback

I got this in the mail today from Bandit Resins.

DSCN0226-vi.jpg

Body, interior tub, rear valance from 1969 annual and vacformed glass. It's going for a bath in Bleche White in preparation for a coat of primer.

DSCN0227-vi.jpg

I already had the Bandit Resin six pack hood. The next time you see this one it will be painted.

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

Edited by Marc @ MPC Motorsports

I shot a lite coat of Tamiya primer on the Barracuda to assist me in the body work. Also picked out some wheels and tires.

DSCN0230-vi.jpg

All the emblems and side markers will be shaved MPC Motorsports style. Wheels are 19" Aoshima Racing Hart Type CR's with Revell tuner tires in the front.

DSCN0232-vi.jpg

These wheels came with a dark gunmetal finish and will compliment the silver metallic finish I have planned for it.

DSCN0234-vi.jpg

Hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more updates.

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

I shot a lite coat of Tamiya primer on the Barracuda to assist me in the body work. Also picked out some wheels and tires.

DSCN0230-vi.jpg

All the emblems and side markers will be shaved MPC Motorsports style. Wheels are 19" Aoshima Racing Hart Type CR's with Revell tuner tires in the front.

DSCN0232-vi.jpg

These wheels came with a dark gunmetal finish and will compliment the silver metallic finish I have planned for it.

DSCN0234-vi.jpg

Hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more updates.

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

That looks sweet,I have a soft spot for those 67-69 Barracuda's,I can't wait to see it in paint!

Edited by spkgibson

That looks wicked! The wheels and tires came from where?

The wheels and tires are from Aoshima. They sell wheel and tire sets separately. These are Racing Hart Type CR's that most likely came in one of their JDM tuner or drift car kits. Some US hobby shops sell these but they can be ordered from Hobby Link Japan or Hobby World Japan and other online hobby sources.

Are the wheels the same size or do you just have smaller diameter front tires on? I have loads of Fujimi and Aoshima wheel/tire sets (just not these :( ) Thanks for the info, the project looks fantastic and the wheels look perfect on it.

Are the wheels the same size or do you just have smaller diameter front tires on? I have loads of Fujimi and Aoshima wheel/tire sets (just not these :( ) Thanks for the info, the project looks fantastic and the wheels look perfect on it.

Front tires are from a Revell tuner kit. I removed about a quarter of an inch of the back side of the wheels to match the width of the new tires. The Revell tires are shorter and narrower.

I finished the bodywork during the weekend and now the Barracuda is feeling a little bit grey, Light Grey Metallic from Testors that is.

DSCN0243-vi.jpg

DSCN0244-vi.jpg

DSCN0249-vi.jpg

Five coats of Testors Model Master Lacquer with two light coats of Tamiya TS-13 Clear for now. I'm contemplating adding the black side stripes found in the AMT '69 Barracuda kit, so I'll finish the clear later. The six pack hood is finished in Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black. Now on to the interior and powerplant while I wait to finish the paint.

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

OOOU, I got Kenny's 70 GTX kit, and it just FELL together, it was THAT nicely molded! This here lil Cuda just looks ta be about the same craftsmanship that i saw in the GTX! Definately gonna get me one after seein these two beautiful models! Marc, THANKS for turnin us on to this particular kit, I hadn't seen it before!biggrin.gifwink.gif

OOOU, I got Kenny's 70 GTX kit, and it just FELL together, it was THAT nicely molded! This here lil Cuda just looks ta be about the same craftsmanship that i saw in the GTX! Definately gonna get me one after seein these two beautiful models! Marc, THANKS for turnin us on to this particular kit, I hadn't seen it before!biggrin.gifwink.gif

You haven't seen it before because it is a new release from Bandit Resins. It has only been available for about two weeks and I've only had mine for a week.