Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aussie Aussie Aussie....

Im Australian. Help!,

Is Australia not into cars anymore? there is nowhere (besides Ebay) To find model cars/parts/dioramas/eccessories.

I buy my set From A Toys "R" Us. And Even Then they only stock 4-5 cars that people are intrested in, the rest are subarus/mazdas..... Not Good. So i take what what they have.

Does Any1 no australian online store, or in Vic??? or even a site that sells to australia...

Cheers.

I think currently, kits are difficult to find anywhere. Here in the States, Toys R Us no longer stocks model car kits at all. The only place I can find a kit is at the old LHS and their selection is a bit limited.

When I was a child back in the '70s, car kits were everywhere, even local drug stores carried them. But that's the way it goes, thak a few decades off to raise a family, and whammo! the whole world changes.

But that makes finding that desired kit that much more rewarding.

Interestingly, I obtained quite a few kits lately from - Australia!

Granted, they all were obsolete, but when it comes to vintage Japanese stuff, Oz is a goldmine.

There are also a few resin casters down under, who make intersting bit s and pieces if you are into Australian or British stuff. Check out The Parts Box, Resin Down Under and Cavalier.

As for plastic kits, there is http://www.modelkitsonline.com.au for European and Asian stuff, http://www.hobbyplace.com.au for the former plus Revellogram and http://www.earlymodelkits.com.au for US stuff including obsolete kits. Then there is always Ebay.

I think Australia is a modellers paradise.

Hi,

Have a look at www.thepartsbox.com they are located in S.A and sell resin kits of Holden's.

a '58 FC, '68 HK Premier and Monaro, '72 HQ monaro... and other stuff. Holden grey amd red motors, Need an X2 179?, they sell em!

They are also getting ready some Ford resin kits for sale too.

They are really good people to deal with.

You'll be glad you visited thier site.

James.

Hi,

Have a look at www.thepartsbox.com they are located in S.A and sell resin kits of Holden's.

a '58 FC, '68 HK Premier and Monaro, '72 HQ monaro... and other stuff. Holden grey amd red motors, Need an X2 179?, they sell em!

They are also getting ready some Ford resin kits for sale too.

They are really good people to deal with.

You'll be glad you visited thier site.

James.

Entirely btw, could you please crate up that Holden shown in your Avatar and ship it to Southampton? Cheers, m8!

Entirely btw, could you please crate up that Holden shown in your Avatar and ship it to Southampton? Cheers, m8!

Haha Christian,

I'd love to send you a 'WB Caprice' to Southampton! If only there were enough of them around these days. They're pretty thin on the ground now, the 'C' pillars rust out on them and the rot sets in. The one in my avatar is from eBay that I saved to my pc because it looked just like one I owned not too many years ago.

It was a great car to get around in. Just like sitting in your favourite arm chair and steering with your thumb, nothing to it :D

I miss the old girl now, but at the same time, glad I don't own it anymore! Phew :o

James.

Where in Victoria are you? Can you get to Melbourne?

The three main hobby shops in Melbourne (Hearn's, Victorian Hobby Center and Hobby Place) all carry a good range of cars, but not really accessories and parts. I get most of my kits from eBay since I moved to the country, and anything exotic I buy online.

Try Frontlinehobbies (www.frontlinehobbies.com.au) and HobbyCo (www.hobbyco.com.au) both are Australian online stores, both from NSW.

I also like a place called 'Bongo's Basement' www.bongosbasement.com.au.

Where in Victoria are you? Can you get to Melbourne?

The three main hobby shops in Melbourne (Hearn's, Victorian Hobby Center and Hobby Place) all carry a good range of cars, but not really accessories and parts. I get most of my kits from eBay since I moved to the country, and anything exotic I buy online.

Try Frontlinehobbies (www.frontlinehobbies.com.au) and HobbyCo (www.hobbyco.com.au) both are Australian online stores, both from NSW.

I also like a place called 'Bongo's Basement' www.bongosbasement.com.au.

Ill give then sites a look thanks.

A chap I know from another forum recommended this site to me. Looks pretty good for picking up detail-y parts, althought mostly modern stuff, not traditional custom gear. Still need to order from overseas for that I guess.

E Scale Models

They're in Sydeny, and according to my associate 'They can probably get it' if they do not have it.

Im Australian. Help!,

Is Australia not into cars anymore? there is nowhere (besides Ebay) To find model cars/parts/dioramas/eccessories.

I buy my set From A Toys "R" Us. And Even Then they only stock 4-5 cars that people are intrested in, the rest are subarus/mazdas..... Not Good. So i take what what they have.

Does Any1 no australian online store, or in Vic??? or even a site that sells to australia...

Cheers.

Try these guys

They are located in South Australia

Great quality resin.

Greta people

They are at most major model shows

http://www.thepartsbox.com/

Chris

Looked at The Parts Box website.. I like the Bedford van, the FC ( what ever that means - it's cute and it reminds me of a Vauxhall that I once owned - I have owned two of them - a 1959 Cresta sedan and a Victor that looked just like the one below except mine did not have the driving lights in the grille. I sure would like to have that one back - it was really quaint, cute and fun to drive ) and the tractor is really cool and would make an awesome load for an implement dealership deck truck. Too bad the stuff is so far away - shipping costs would deadly. *sighs* :rolleyes: It would be neat to have a trading partner over there.. oh well... :rolleyes:

Vauxhall_Victor_FA_ca_1958.jpg

Edited by impcon

On closer inspection (ie: a hobby shop crawl mounted on Saturday) Melbourne's hobbyshops have not got many US cars in. All other areas are just as full as before including Japanese car kits, but very few american ones. I couldn't find even one kit of a 1950s pickup, apart from Revell's F1, which was not right for the project I had in mind...

Kasey: The barbecue is the front end of a HZ Holden Monaro GTS circa 1978-79. Holdens of that era have American-esque styling, but are 100% australian in design. Link to pic of full car here.