Model Cars Magazine Forum

What 2 do with white freigtshaker

I have so totally lost interest in this kit. I dont know what it is but I am not feeling it at all.

So far I have added an Italeri steering front axle. Stretched the frame way out, put some nice chrome fuel tanks on it and put italeri wheels and tires all around.

Now I dont want to work on it, I am thinking of scraping it or trading it or something. What do you guys think?

I have so totally lost interest in this kit. I dont know what it is but I am not feeling it at all.

So far I have added an Italeri steering front axle. Stretched the frame way out, put some nice chrome fuel tanks on it and put italeri wheels and tires all around.

Now I dont want to work on it, I am thinking of scraping it or trading it or something. What do you guys think?

What was the original plan you had with it? I would say definitely DON'T scrap it, it sounds like you've got a lot of work into it already. I would say just maybe set it on the shelf for a little while, you may want to work on it at a later time. Of course, if you do decide to trade it, let me know! :rolleyes:

If I was doing it I would do a black main theme with a say to 1:24 scale 4" stripe that goes around the middle and have it flare out twards the back of the sleeper and paint the frame red with black components. If you want blue I would do a metallic Midnight blue with about 6 coats so it is real dark. Then put a mural on the back of the sleeper. Here is another idea if you like theme truck and this would be one of a kind.

NASA Freightliner

http://www.stamp-n-toys.com/upload/32082_lg.jpg

My dad also had a few beer trucks that were built out of the original kit. Don't see many of them anymore if at all.

Also maybe for the hell of it, why not try a logging or oil rig and make it into a 4x4 or 6x6 I always thought those looked bad ass. Not sure if any were converted after the 1960s when they had those 4x4 Freightshakers COEs?

Or you could try this:

Kenworth 6x6 Oil rig truck

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4293805&id=701323457

Edited by ARTEMIS1759