Model Cars Magazine Forum

Great job! Please tell us about the 8-lug rims, have never seen that stock style in kit form...

The rims came from a old MPC dodge truck, the truck could be built as a 3/4 ton baha 4x4, or a 1/2 ton 2x4. the rims scaled out to about 18" so I cut the centers out and they fit perfectly into the outer rim from the revell chevy 4x4. I don't really care for the tread on the trackers but the size works well.

The rims came from a old MPC dodge truck, the truck could be built as a 3/4 ton baha 4x4, or a 1/2 ton 2x4. the rims scaled out to about 18" so I cut the centers out and they fit perfectly into the outer rim from the revell chevy 4x4. I don't really care for the tread on the trackers but the size works well.

Nice model, Cam! :lol:

And thanks for the info on the wheels- I'll need to dig up a set for a model of my 1:1 '94 250 4x2! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It's dirty, salt stained and rusty. It's gorgeous! Like that very much!

I'm down in Georgia, so I'd love to see some detail on the plow. Haven't seen one since I left Colorado back in 84.

Edited by Fe2o3

It's dirty, salt stained and rusty. It's gorgeous! Like that very much!

I'm down in Georgia, so I'd love to see some detail on the plow. Haven't seen one since I left Colorado back in 84.

I'd love to post some more pics, but at the end of last month my son spilled a 20 oz cup of iced tea into my laptop. Pretty much kilt it. all my pics and software for my camera is gone, I'm on a borrowed computer right now, can only use it, can't load anything on it. Being out of work won't get a new one any time soon. I used my 1.1 Fisher 8' plow to scratch build that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great job on the ford what did you use for the 4x4 conversion

I used the monogram F-250 for the rear springs,rear axle and engine. I used the monogram bronco for the front axle, trans, transfer case and tires. the bell housing came from a johan torino stock car.

front springs came from a odd kit, it was the revell bronco with race boat. I built that truck about 17 years ago, before the kids came along. I remember spending 5 or 6 months planning and collecting

the parts that I wanted before starting it. Seems like I had more time and money back then.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...