Model Cars Magazine Forum

what is available in duallies ?

hey guys

im gonna be in the market for a dually truck soon

i want something to haul my racebike around so it should have a decent size bed to it but i dont like the crewcabs

so...what are my options ?

(try to keep the ancient motto "mopar or no car" in mind :angry: )

Edited by diymirage

thanks

you happen to know the year of the dodge ?

(makes ebay searching easier)

I've hardly ever seen the year in the listing, I just search for "Ram Dually".

As a matter of fact, here ya go, and the price is right. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Dodge-Ram-Dually-1995-New-Old-Stock-/320547096776?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa21888c8

There's more, but the prices seem just a LITTLE ridiculous at $30+.

Edited by grimreaper

Guest old man

I JUST BOUGHT A 1995 CHEVY C3500 AMT TRUCK IT IS TEAL GREEN I GOT IT ON E-BAY FOR 16.95 + 6.95 SHIPPING VERY NICE TRUCK IT IS 1/24 SCALE

OLD MAN JOE

Hey, what are you gonna build with that camper body? I'd be really interested in watching that build as I like motorhomes ;)

Actually, Cody, the way you see both trucks are what I plan on doing, as well as a Mopar (probably a 70 Coronet Super Bee P/S) on the wedge. I'm sorta thinking along the lines of a homegrown drag team. It's just some rough ideas and shevled at the moment, but when I do start the project, I'll have it posted! :)

If you'd like, I have a Ram Dually that's already built that I'd be willing to sell you (or possibly trade if you have anything I'd be interested in).

thanks for the offer but i have some plans for this build that would be easier to accomplish on a fresh kit

(mainly th modifications to get the bike on)

thanks for the offer but i have some plans for this build that would be easier to accomplish on a fresh kit

(mainly th modifications to get the bike on)

Well it is a snap-kit, so it shouldn't be tough to disassemble compared to a glue kit. But if you'd still rather start fresh, then that's fine! ;)

I think lindberg had a nissan & toyota but i think they were 1/20

You're right, Lindberg made phantom duallies from both their Toyota and Nissan 1/20 scale pickup kits. I had the Nissan until I traded it.

HPIM1555.jpg

Well it is a snap-kit, so it shouldn't be tough to disassemble compared to a glue kit. But if you'd still rather start fresh, then that's fine! :)

that is true, i completly forgot

what are you looking for ?

I think lindberg had a nissan & toyota but i think they were 1/20

but the bike is 1/24 so it wouldnt look right

There's nothing in particular that I'm looking for, though I'd prefer trucks or muscle cars. What do you have to offer?

mhhh

nothing too interesting

i have a half build bel aire

other then that i dont think i have anything to trade

what were you thinking money wise ?

oh, could you measure the bed for me ?

the bike is 4 inches long and i want to know for sure it fits

mhhh

nothing too interesting

i have a half build bel aire

other then that i dont think i have anything to trade

what were you thinking money wise ?

Haha well I was thinking maybe 10 bucks plus shipping, course I have to get a box together and figure out the shipping. If you want, you can PM me to hammer out the details.

As far as the motorcycle fitting, you could always fab up one of those tubular bed extenders for when the tailgate is down!

Haha well I was thinking maybe 10 bucks plus shipping, course I have to get a box together and figure out the shipping. If you want, you can PM me to hammer out the details.

As far as the motorcycle fitting, you could always fab up one of those tubular bed extenders for when the tailgate is down!

let me run the deal by the wifey, i think once shipping is added this would be about the same price as a brand new kit would be and she might not approve B)

as for the tailgate, i was planning on hinging it sideways and having a ramp that slides out from underneath it like you see on a trailer

i want this to look as profesional as possible

in case your wondering, this is the progress on the bike

utf-8BSU1HMDA1ODYtMjAxMDA2MTQtMTkzN.jpg

im very impressed with the casted detail on this kit

i think i have only once before had a kit with valvestems

and then there are brake lines, revell doesnt even have that on thier 1/12 bikes :D

got the truck in today and imediatly started working on it (of course)

the plan for this truck is to make it a race bike hauler so it will be a work truck but more along the lines of the truck in this comercial

im not sure if i am planning on cutting the hood open (its a curbside kit) and installing an actual engine or not yet

what i have done so far is take the front suspension and lower it about 3 scale inchers

i also took off the rear dual tires

now i know you might be wondering why i wanted a dually so bad and then the first thing i do is convert it into a single wheel truck...well....its pretty simple

i can iether fit two BF goodrich radial long trail TA tires on the rear hub or one mickey thompson sportsman tire B)

this is my progress so far

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTMtMjAxMDA2MTgtMTg1O.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTEtMjAxMDA2MTgtMTg1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTAtMjAxMDA2MTgtMTg1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTItMjAxMDA2MTgtMTg1O.jpg

future plans for the truck include a custom hinged tailgate that swings to the side

a ramp that slides under the bed so the bike can drive up onto the bed

a tool box that spans the driver side of the bed and custom paint/decals to somewhat match the bike

im thinking of getting some custom rims and painting them the same bright yellow as the bikes rims but im not sure if i like that idea or not (input needed)

• 2 months later...