Now the model is finally finished.

This was the beginning..... bad.gif:

hauben.jpg

Now the pics (first without the boat)

fertig1.jpg

fertig2.jpg

fertig3.jpg

fertig4.jpg

The hood doesn't fits good, I don't know why...!

fertig5.jpg

fertig6.jpg

Engine...!

fertig7.jpg

fertig8.jpg

The connection car/trailer...!

fertig9.jpg

The whole things. It is not good to make photos of the whole things, it is very long.

fertig10.jpg

fertig13.jpg

fertig11.jpg

fertig12.jpg

boot12.jpg

boot13.jpg

boot15.jpg

The Interior.

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

And so soon I will not build a Trumpeter kit ...no no no...!

Cheers from Germany

Peter

Beautiful finish for such a bad model of an ugly car :) The combo w/the boat is magnificent.

Sure wish Trumpeter had done a '78 Grand Am coupe instead, like the one I used to own. It looked 20,000 times better than a Monte Barfo :wink:

Funny how over the years I've become so familiar w/cars like this, they don't look nearly as ugly now as they did when they were new.

Are you sure you don't want to tackle another Trumpeter (Bonneville H.T. I got cheap)? Ah well, I'll just do it as a 'mild custom' street machine. :wink:

I build it, I build it...! Go here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forum/viewtopi...highlight=#6303 and you'll see how many things you have to do on that model.

The only one good model car kit from Trumpeter is the '63 Nova HT.

But now I'm build some other cars, a 1997 Reynard Target CART (driven by Alex Zanardi) and Dale Earnhardts 1999 Bristol cage rattler Monte Carlo.

Best wishes from Germany

Peter

i wouldnt worry about the hood, thats how they fit in real life!

:)

but you forgot the harley davidson and "support your local hells angel" bumper stickers!

:lol::lol:

though that confederate flag on the boat comes close!

hey killer builds and that boat is really great.

dont mind what i say about the car, you really did it justice, far better than i would be able (or inclined) to do.

Beautiful finish for such a bad model of an ugly car :lol:

I couldn't have said it better. Imagine his modeling powers being used for good, and not eeeeeville. ;)

Simply amazing work...sadly, that's way too much effort to get a brand new tool to build up the way it should.

If it hasn't been sent to them already, Trumpeter ought to get a gander at the work that had to go into making the kit look like the car it was modelled after! :shock:

And for cryin' out loud, if they were stuck on the idea of tooling a GM car from the dark automotive design decade that I prefer to forget, why couldn't they have given us an 80's Malibu instead...

81chev28395-1.jpg

I've already decided that if I don't hit the lottery and buy a FoMoCo muscle car, I'm going to find one of these and build it up. Parts are out there, and the lines are very clean, responding well to a little rake, a cowl hood, and some conventional street machine rolling stock. Not all that imaginative, but just "reet" for cruise nights and going to the local Dairy Queen with the kids.

why couldn't they have given us an 80's Malibu instead...

81chev28395-1.jpg

I've already decided that if I don't hit the lottery and buy a FoMoCo muscle car, I'm going to find one of these and build it up. Parts are out there, and the lines are very clean, responding well to a little rake, a cowl hood, and some conventional street machine rolling stock. Not all that imaginative, but just "reet" for cruise nights and going to the local Dairy Queen with the kids.

• 7 months later...
i wouldnt worry about the hood, thats how they fit in real life!

yep, that's the way they where, my mother had a banana yellow 77 in about 91(i'm surprised it still worked). it had doors that wouldn't close and a hood that would flap in the wind. i could go on but there is no point. IT WAS BAD

Great work on a kit I will NEVER understand....and now it looks as if Trumpeter is going to give up the US car model market......Like Bob said...think of what would have happened if they did even a Malibu....Stock, drag and NASCAR builders would have bought. B)

i would buy a case