Model Cars Magazine Forum

Check this out. This would be a cool heavy hauler load out:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HCPCJS?tag=rocketfin-20&link_code=as2&creativeASIN=B002HCPCJS&creative=374929&camp=211189

M1 Abrahms tank

I was wondering does anybody make farm implements any more and how about construction equipment?

Oh, found my load out when I build a heavy hauler;

http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Controlled-24th-Scale-Sherman/dp/B001JQDZYM/ref=pd_sim_dbs_t_3

Sherman Tank Baby.

Or how about a Multiple Rocket Launch System:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002V2QBDA?tag=rocketfin-20&link_code=as2&creativeASIN=B002V2QBDA&creative=374929&camp=211189

And a 1:25 International TD-24 Agriculture Crawler

http://www.amazon.com/Spec-cast-International-Agriculture-Crawler/dp/B001QWRPFO/ref=sr_1_89?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1276505404&sr=1-89

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

hey tj you can find farm equipment on evilbay all the time, ertl still makes alot of farming stuff.

dennis

I was wondering does anybody make farm implements any more and how about construction equipment?

AMT made both a John Deere tractor and backhoe in kit forms, as well as a Massey Ferguson tractor (I think). AMT also did a (once) CAT D8 dozer, I think all but the Massey tractor were reissued as late as 2000-2004, and the bulldozer in that last reissue carried no CAT markings.

There are a few 1/25 tank kits available, Tamiya did a Tiger, a Centurian and I think a Sherman. I think Trumpeter and / or Dragon have done some 1/25 armor too.

well those are nice and all but very spendy.

I did find this and other tractors at a local farm and hobby shop for $10

P4280002.jpg

They all perty much looked a liked to me tho.

I know Tamiya did a T-35/85 as well.

Anyone know of a 1/24-25 scale Hummer? I hauled one once on my flatbed a few years back, and would love to find some to make a load.

Anyone know of a 1/24-25 scale Hummer? I hauled one once on my flatbed a few years back, and would love to find some to make a load.

Revell has some H-1s in different configurations.

41EV6TF8JTL.jpg

Corrugatedwithwindow-RevellHummer.jpg

2dr, 4dr, slant back?

walmart has john deere farm stuff, it could work for a load.

Hey, nice Avatar. What year is the White. I will have to check Wal-mart.

its a 68 GMC CRACKERBOX WITH A 671 DETROIT :)

You know I thought about that after I posted. They look similar, lol. My bad. Nice truck though. Where does the term cracker box come from?

THE GMC has the name CRACKERBOX from the small cab and sleeper,not much room at all. the GMC ASTRO 95 took over in 70. :rolleyes:

Ran across these guys today; not inexpensive, but in scale and a good variety.

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/products.asp?TYPE=CONSTRUCTION&ORDER=M&SCALE=1/25&setup=

I like that link, Mike! I could see a warehouse diorama with some of the forklifts, HMMMM....that gives me an idea! Oh, wait, I had that idea for a long time! :P

I know! I spent waay too much time going 'Oooh, shiny!'. Good thing I can get away with stuff like that at work :lol: The irony is that while I had load ideas floating around in the back of my mind, at that moment I was looking for diesel engine detailing ideas. Google works in mysterious ways.....

walmart has john deere farm stuff, it could work for a load.

You'll find that that most of the JD farm equipment from Wal Mart is 1/32 scale. Same goes for the regular Ertl farm toys. 1/25-1/24 isn't very popular in the farm toy world, 1/64, 1/50, 1/32, and 1/16 are the popular scales, with a few 1/12 and 1/8 scale replicas available as well.

One thing I have found in 1/25, though, is Bobcats. Used to see them at the local farm stores, but they haven't had them for a while. You might check the Bobcat dealers or farm toy specialty stores.

1/25-1/24 isn't very popular in the farm toy world, 1/64, 1/50, 1/32, and 1/16 are the popular scales, with a few 1/12 and 1/8 scale replicas available as well.

I've discovered that to be very true. I haul lots of combines and tractors to Case and John Deere dealers. Many will have a Huge selection of toys. Well detailed, too. None on 1/24-25 though. I look everytime I deliver.