Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rear rubber for my latest hair-removing project

I will start by telling you what I have and we'll go from there. I have the Pegasus Hobbies stepped 19" aluminum sleeves with low profile tires. While the tires included will work for the fronts of my Mustang Project, the rears are tiny (even when compared to my real rear tire at an inch smaller rim diameter....my real rubber are 315/35-18 BFG KDW-NTs). Any Ideas as to where I can find some 19" tires with a somewhat thicker sidewall to fit these sleeves (the 2006+ Revell Mustang Kit rubber is a little too tall sidewall size and not wide enough and the Aoshima 19" tires are too large in rim diameter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

a lot of people on here will buy 1/24 or 1/25 diecast cars to scavenge the rolling stock from

if you get them at the right place the prices are comparable to those of an aftermarket set of wheels

so thats my suggestion, check the local wally worlds etc. for diecast with wheels you like :)

The Revell Subaru WRX has tires with an ID of 20mm, overall width of 9mm, and a sidewall of about 2.5mm - 3mm.

The Revell '70 Firebird 2n1 has an offset set of tires with an ID of 21.5mm, width of 11mm, and sidewall of about 3mm for the rears, and ID of 20mm, width of 10.5mm, and sidewall of 3mm for the fronts.

..for what that's worth. Not sure what else I have that could be close.

Thanks for the pictoral and info Mike........looks like I know what I need to be looking for now.

Eric, thanks for the tip on the Scoobie.......I think I have that kit and will see what I can do with its' tires!

You guys are great! My doomed-to-be-forever-unfinished models thank you! B)