Model Cars Magazine Forum

"68 Charger - POSTED FOR GEORGE 53

E St. Kruiser50

DAVE!!! You stoppin in fer a minute sure does ME good!!! GREAT ta hear/see ya again! that lil Charger is DA MOOK, Daddy-O! You KNOW I's gotta thang for them 69 B bodies, probably one of Chryslers most BEAUTIFUL body styles. You dun 'er PROUD Dave ol boy! Good way to just drop in, showin off that Charger, an leavein me all workeded up over it! Don't stop now Dad, let's see wat else ya been hidein on us!laugh.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Does this mean we'll finally get the answers inquiring minds wanted to know?

Tune in and find out! Same Bat time, Same Bat Channel!

Mark, Mark, Marksmile.gif

Ya just couldn't wait ta show me some love could ya - I knew ya missed me biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif .

Inquiring Minds??? rolleyes.gif LOL. The chrome system ???

Been helping a couple of guy's these last few month's with their commercial chrome systems like mine. Matt in Georgia, and another Dave In Colo. They found me on a site dealing with issues that come with trying to perfect this very old system of chroming.

Water-based chroming has been around for a long time, since about 1938, and is well known in certain industries, is very complicated, and takes research and determination to find it and the suppliers, and dig through all the lies and contradictions .

I researched this process for over a year before I made an investment - YES ....It's expensive - THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. BUT, myself, I wanted to build at a higher level, and from my career, found that the more you do in-house for yourself, the more control you have over quality. So I skipped Chrome Tech and the others like them, and decided to try this for myself. I love a good challange, and I love problem solving from my years as a mechanical engineer. Little did I know it would Take 2 1/2 years to really get it right ( I'm slow at times, and not very smart, so it takes me longer than others rolleyes.gif ).

I did a thread on the chrome system here on the forum sometime ago, but was lost when the "Big Change" came through at Xmas time. Had 9 pages of posts and it went to 3, so a lot was lost.

By the way, mentioning the chrome system several times was about peeking people curiosity to go find it, and research it like I did.

I may do another thread in the future, on the water-based chrome system, but first we'll see how "THE LOVE" goes laugh.gif .

Hey, Dave, i gotta lotta love for ya,Daddy-O! and so do others! Ferget about the kids we got here, and show those of us WHO WANT to learn a little somethin. The jealous ones will ALWAYS be jealous, there's not alot you can do about that, except to show them WHY they're jealouslaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

Ya just couldn't wait ta show me some love could ya - I knew ya missed me biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif .

Been helping a couple of guy's these last few month's with their commercial chrome systems like mine. Matt in Georgia, and another Dave In Colo. They found me on a site dealing with issues that come with trying to perfect this very old system of chroming.

Water-based chroming has been around for a long time, since about 1938, and is well known in certain industries, is very complicated, and takes research and determination to find it and the suppliers, and dig through all the lies and contradictions .

I researched this process for over a year before I made an investment - YES ....It's expensive - THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. BUT, myself, I wanted to build at a higher level, and from my career, found that the more you do in-house for yourself, the more control you have over quality. So I skipped Chrome Tech and the others like them, and decided to try this for myself. I love a good challange, and I love problem solving from my years as a mechanical engineer. Little did I know it would Take 2 1/2 years to really get it right ( I'm slow at times, and not very smart, so it takes me longer than others rolleyes.gif ).

I did a thread on the chrome system here on the forum sometime ago, but was lost when the "Big Change" came through at Xmas time. Had 9 pages of posts and it went to 3, so a lot was lost.

By the way, mentioning the chrome system several times was about peeking people curiosity to go find it, and research it like I did.

I may do another thread in the future, on the water-based chrome system, but first we'll see how "THE LOVE" goes laugh.gif .

No problem Dave, you obviously know me, always trying to do what’s best for the hobby.

But why are you coming forth now with this info after all the hub-bub a few months ago? Wouldn’t it have been easier to answer the questions then? Any of them?

And why are you now not claiming to have INVENTED it? What changed?

George, you do not need to stir this pot.

Hey, Dave, i gotta lotta love for ya,Daddy-O! and so do others! Ferget about the kids we got here, and show those of us WHO WANT to learn a little somethin. The jealous ones will ALWAYS be jealous, there's not alot you can do about that, except to show them WHY they're jealouslaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

I'm jealous that Dave has a secret chrome plating/painting system he's figured out but won't share any details or elaborations... :D

No problem Dave, you obviously know me, always trying to do what’s best for the hobby.

But why are you coming forth now with this info after all the hub-bub a few months ago? Wouldn’t it have been easier to answer the questions then? Any of them?

And why are you now not claiming to have INVENTED it? What changed?

George, you do not need to stir this pot.

I agree.....this could have been handled a few months back. And Yeah, George obviously has his big wooden spoons out to help stir up a steaming pot of an uneccessary situation, when in fact all we wanted were a few questions answered.

Are you serious?

You're going to wait till you accumulate enough love and fan support till you post another tutorial?

Seems a little egotistical to me..I don't think anyone here is going to beg you from their hands and knees to share your "trade secrets". Be a man, and post up the info. Why play the cocky attitude card again? That game plan didn't seem to go real well for you the first time around.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Hey George, I see what ya mean.

I think I already set the record for the number of threads in a row bein' "LOCKED OUT".

Hey, maybe they'll go nuts again, and this one will be locked out too. YA JUST NEVER KNOW laugh.gif.

Wonder how many will be locked in the future. THIS COULD BE AN ALL-TIME RECORD, NEVER TO BE BROKEN AGAIN. I love it.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I think I already set the record for the number of threads in a row bein' "LOCKED OUT".

Hey, maybe they'll go nuts again, and this one will be locked out too. YA JUST NEVER KNOW laugh.gif.

Wonder how many will be locked in the future. THIS COULD BE AN ALL-TIME RECORD, NEVER TO BE BROKEN AGAIN. I love it.

Just as I suspected... Your attitude ain't changed a bit. I've made all the 2 cent deposits here that I'm willing to spend...

Good day, Sir. and best o luck to ya.

Edited by J. Sauber

Ah, Common Dave. We just want to know your secrets so's we can steal 'em and open our own chrome plating service. We don't care how much time, money, & effort you've spent, we just want to know how to rip you off. So answer our questions or we will be forced to ignore you, and act like a bunch of babies wanting our babaw. :lol:

The Charger is Awesome. Keep doin' what cha do.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Really Dave?

This is why you came back here? Runs awfully counter to your earlier unfulfilled claims of wanting to share techniques and help other builders.

The “accomplishments†you list or aspire to are nothing to be proud of.

Mark, I DIDN'T really think I was stirring ANYTHING up. The post WAS addressed to ME after all. If I struck a nerve with the jealousy remark, well, DEAL WITH IT! Sometimes it is scary to realise the truth. If you and your little freinds WANT to attack Dave that's YOUR perogitive, but I've seen Dave's Chromeing set up, and it looks like ALOT of trouble to go thru just to set up a lie. But then, I'm sure I'm not telling a worldly fellow like yourself anything. I just notice how fast YOU and j sauber and the other little kids just like to start stuff.

Before the "Build for profit" and a the so called Better builders(in their own minds)came here, this was a GREAT forum, but it REALLY has lost appeal to ALOT of older REAL builders who started this place. They seem to have lost intrest in this forum BECAUSE of the childish bickering that CONSTANTLY goes on. Teenage kids I can deal with, but YOU guys are so called "Show winners" and should act like it, NOT like some 15 year old kid. This USED to be the BEST forum on the PLANET, TILL the "I'M better than you' guys showed up. I fortunately HAVE a life and model cars are just a pastime/hobby for me. But those few that act like it's THEIR LIFE, well, maybe you guys should find another pastime that WON'T get you so unhinged when someone BETTER comes along. Get used to it caz it IS gonna happen! In FACT, it's probably happened already, and you just haven't realised it yet. Dave, if ya wanna show me anything else, just EM me Daddy-O, that way we can keep the kids outta this. They are ALWAYS gonna be jealous little kids.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

Mark, I DIDN'T really think I was stirring ANYTHING up. The post WAS addressed to ME after all. If I struck a nerve with the jealousy remark, well, DEAL WITH IT! Sometimes it is scary to realise the truth. If you and your little freinds WANT to attack Dave that's YOUR perogitive, but I've seen Dave's Chromeing set up, and it looks like ALOT of trouble to go thru just to set up a lie. But then, I'm sure I'm not telling a worldly fellow like yourself anything. I just notice how fast YOU and j sauber and the other little kids just like to start stuff.

Before the "Build for profit" and a the so called Better builders(in their own minds)came here, this was a GREAT forum, but it REALLY has lost appeal to ALOT of older REAL builders who started this place. They seem to have lost intrest in this forum BECAUSE of the childish bickering that CONSTANTLY goes on. Teenage kids I can deal with, but YOU guys are so called "Show winners" and should act like it, NOT like some 15 year old kid. This USED to be the BEST forum on the PLANET, TILL the "I'M better than you' guys showed up. I fortunately HAVE a life and model cars are just a pastime/hobby for me. But those few that act like it's THEIR LIFE, well, maybe you guys should find another pastime that WON'T get you so unhinged when someone BETTER comes along. Get used to it caz it IS gonna happen! In FACT, it's probably happened already, and you just haven't realised it yet. Dave, if ya wanna show me anything else, just EM me Daddy-O, that way we can keep the kids outta this. They are ALWAYS gonna be jealous little kids.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

You know what sparky, what I really want to say to you, will only get me banned, so I won't give you the sat of seeing that happen...Instead, I'll let Mark flush you face down in the toilet with a much more elegant manner...

You ain't worth anymore keystrokes, Jackass.

Go build and actually finish something, and stick your pot stirring wooden spoons in your ear, Mate.

Before the "Build for profit" and a the so called Better builders(in their own minds)came here, this was a GREAT forum, but it REALLY has lost appeal to ALOT of older REAL builders who started this place. They seem to have lost intrest in this forum BECAUSE of the childish bickering that CONSTANTLY goes on. Teenage kids I can deal with, but YOU guys are so called "Show winners" and should act like it, NOT like some 15 year old kid. This USED to be the BEST forum on the PLANET, TILL the "I'M better than you' guys showed up. I fortunately HAVE a life and model cars are just a pastime/hobby for me. But those few that act like it's THEIR LIFE, well, maybe you guys should find another pastime that WON'T get you so unhinged when someone BETTER comes along. Get used to it caz it IS gonna happen! In FACT, it's probably happened already, and you just haven't realised it yet. Dave, if ya wanna show me anything else, just EM me Daddy-O, that way we can keep the kids outta this. They are ALWAYS gonna be jealous little kids.

Hey George,

I can understand your position and respect it. I also know that most of us here do NOT think we are the best, and I can vouch for Mark, as a close friend of mine, that he does not feel that way. While he is an accomplished builder, and good at what he does, he is not the best. My gut tells me that the "best" are some we have never heard of or seen because of this very reason. They don't like the politics and the antics that go on at shows and on boards.

That being said, you have every right to have your opinion while I have mine. And we can freely post on here together.

But what we don't have the right to do is sit back while some here lie about their accomplishments and what they have done.

When I see what I know is untrue, I am going to call it. If you think I'm jealous or something else, then that's your choice.

But my parents taught me to stand up for what is right. Officer School in the military taught me the same thing. So I fight pretty hard for the truth because it's the most powerful weapon in the world. That's why it cuts some here so deep. And they get defensive in all the wrong places.

We did not attack Dave, we attacked his lies. And he still has not come forth with the truth.

But for some reason, that goes unnoticed.

David