Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Art...

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am 32 now and here are some I did. I can tell you exactly what the drivetrains and parts needed to build them are. This is why I want to build a rod shop to get some of these on the road. Some have jacked up proportions every now and then so I still need to redo those.

This is my quick scetch of the '58 Chevy I want to build for myself. I had a 4 door in high school. This car has a twin Rotrex supercharged 409ci with EFI and a 6 speed with a quick change rear. I did this in about 20 minutes and used a hi-lighter for color.

SDC11546.jpg

SDC11543.jpg

409:

SDC11540.jpg

This was an experiment with colored pencils. Did not like how it turned out. Mind you I have been self taught. Took a few art classes but they always pissed me off.

Photo9.jpg

This is one of 2 '72 Novas I did. This one has origins loosely based off the Fast & Furious Charger.

Photo8.jpg

And this one has a body kit like Elanor:

1027080529.jpg

Posted · Report post

Looks very good to me, especially with no art classes and being self-taught. Keep at it! You'll get better and better (but you're already pretty good!). :D

Posted · Report post

Looks very good to me, especially with no art classes and being self-taught. Keep at it! You'll get better and better (but you're already pretty good!). :D

Thanks I just posted a new one with rigs. It's in the truck model forum.

Posted · Report post

Nice stuff, TJ. Like Harry said, keep at it and the pieces will continue to fall into place!

Posted · Report post

Good detail and its great to see more self taught talent out there, I took two years of art in high-school. Never helped me though :/ I done most of my stuff before HS and it didnt change after.