Model Cars Magazine Forum

heres my pride and joy, dads 86 359.he bought from the first owner just a few days after i was born.we haul corn and other ag. products as well as gravel.it has a 425 cat and a 15spd trans.most EVERYTHING on it is original(paint, engine,ect.)

back in the 80's a tv news station in texas did an interview of the first owner and did a whole feature about trucking and drivers.this truck was all over tv's watching the news that day lol.i'm trying to track down a tape of the interview.once weather permits,ill get better photos.

this be definatly be a future scale project of mine.

well, enough blabbering heres some pics and a short clip of it.

0000009wp5.jpg

4umdw6.png

000000700zl2.jpg

000001100ej0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcjE2X7FIjM

comments welcome

Greg,

Your photos of your dad's truck could not have come at a more opportune time for me. I'm working on the Revell Snap Peterbilt 395 which is a 1986-ish truck, and I'm planning on doing the Oxblood red interior. Your photos are great! Thank you, thank you thank you!

Greg,

I'll take whatever you've got: engine, sleeper (mine's the small 36", but I don't know what the walls are supposed to look like), cab. The engine on the model is a Cat 3406A. What's under the hood on your truck?

I really appreciate it. You can PM me if you want to.

Jim

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Greg,

I think you passed me this past Saturday on 5&20 right by the Walmart in Canandaigua. Nice looking old pete!!!! I was gonna try and flag ya down to say hi, but you probably would have thought I was some kind of "good buddy" !!!!! LMAO!!!! But seriously, nice looking outfit! Looked shiny and clean just like in your pictures! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...