Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL West 2007 raffle car progress

jbwelda

Our model club, City Styles of Sacramento CA is building a set of cars to give away in the raffle at NNL West this year. Ive shown the Lincoln V12 that i built for the Deuce, but heres some shots of the car as i progresses. its getting so nice I hate to give it away!

under the airbrush:

bodygettingpaintcroppedsb2.jpg

base coat on body finished:

bodyandgrilledrying2crohz0.jpg

some shots of body on frame with motor in place:

bodyframemotorag2.jpg

decentrearleftcroppedyu9.jpg

bodyframemotorabitdarkcec3.jpg

its obviously the Orange Crate body, my all time favorite deuce body. Simple race car interior next with roll cage, and Jerry is going to continue painting the body; currently laying out flamework!

thanks folks, i should note that i only did the motor; and also fabbed the mounts to the chassis, and the exhaust system (still in progress). thats jerry amaral's hand you see there on the airbrush, he and i have been modifying the chassis others in our club built to make it actually fit the motor and body, but jerry has been doing much of that work. its a group project and i kind of made it sound like its *my* project so just want to clear that up.

more pics to come tuesday or wednesday...should be close to completion by then.

ps: cool big deuce! hope i win that one!

it should be done by saturday, just barely though. i built the exhaust system (solder) and driveshaft (aluminum tubing with u joints from a well detailed plastic driveshaft) last night and jerry has been messing around with flames and lettering the body along with interior details and other final touches. he is going to clear it today and i am going to attend to some other minor details this evening.

its all about the details and thats where the devil lives you know.

im afraid ive not taken any more pics this week. probably take some tonite or tomorrow at the NNL, both of this car and of the entire set of pickup truck, trailer and this car.

i hope i win it, and so does jerry (hopes he wins it that is)...

couple more pics before i pack it in for the night:

one body side with lettering, looking pretty rat:

bodynoflashcroppedvg8.jpg

still needs clear...

shot of bottom of motor showing header system:

niceengineandheadersfroef0.jpg

shot of complete undercarriage:

completechassisfrombelomx1.jpg

another shot of undercarriage:

nicedriveshaftsmallpq0.jpg

im not real happy with the exhaust tips and their connection to the pipes but its too late to worry about that now! see ya tomorrow!