Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F350 Super Duty 4X4

Hey Folks this one has been posted here on the site before in "under glass" I never put it here because I failed to notice a truck section (my bad) anyway for those of you who have not seen it it will be a treat (I hope) and for those who have seen it I hope it will be like seeing an old friend again. Enjoy

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

008.jpg

This is one magnificent build! And, I'm NO trucker, but I can appreciate something of beauty. I AM a corner person, though, and I'd be apprehensive rounding one of those in it! :D Kind of reminds me of the VW Bus I learned to drive in as far as turning ability. :D

That is one sick, twisted, and weird truck...and I love it! I remember lighting a '57 Ford Fairlane model with grain of wheat bulbs, including back lighting the instruments. Came out pretty good, and wish I still had that kit. I do have another unbuilt '57....hmmm. Did you use LEDs for all lights?

That is one sick, twisted, and weird truck...and I love it! I remember lighting a '57 Ford Fairlane model with grain of wheat bulbs, including back lighting the instruments. Came out pretty good, and wish I still had that kit. I do have another unbuilt '57....hmmm. Did you use LEDs for all lights?

Yes all the lighting is LED because you can run unlimted numbers of LEDS on two AA batterys and you dont have to worrie about heat build up. another plus to using LED's is you can shape them by grinding or sanding. thx my friend for your compliments have a great day! :P

Romell, I am watching with great interest your build of the Chevelle.

This truck proves, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that you have a sickness. This is not your normal, everyday sickness, but one that is all-inclusive, and has taken-over your life...................................................... I just hope that it is contagious :P

Remember, the first step to recovery, is admitting that you have a problem, and I think this forum is a good place to do that :D;):D

Taking that truck, trailer and car from show-to-show has got to be a nail-biting experience. Thanks for sharing! :D

Rod

Romell, I am watching with great interest your build of the Chevelle.

This truck proves, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that you have a sickness. This is not your normal, everyday sickness, but one that is all-inclusive, and has taken-over your life...................................................... I just hope that it is contagious :P

Remember, the first step to recovery, is admitting that you have a problem, and I think this forum is a good place to do that :huh::lol::lol:

Taking that truck, trailer and car from show-to-show has got to be a nail-biting experience. Thanks for sharing! :D

Rod

Hello My name is Romell and im a build-A-holic :huh: .........LOL! thx for the compliment Modelhut.

I swear ya gotta be putting up different pics every time you show this.

I keep seeing new and Fantastic looking details.

An Excellent looking 4by by any standards.

BigFoot aint got nuttin on you :P

Still think ya need to find some 80"inch tires tho ;)

I swear ya gotta be putting up different pics every time you show this.

I keep seeing new and Fantastic looking details.

An Excellent looking 4by by any standards.

BigFoot aint got nuttin on you :D

Still think ya need to find some 80"inch tires tho :lol:

This is a piece of garbage that should never be shown again on any platform. LOL! J/K what if I was a real hater and left that. this is a true work of art that should be published in every magazine out there.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say that this thing is absolutelly insane and over the top and fantastic and I love it! One question...I wanted to know where u got the rims and tires from? I am currently working on a completely custom one-off tube buggy rock crawler. Those wheels, doesnt have to be those wheels, but wheels like it and those tires would go great on my build. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!! very nice work!!

Those wheels, doesnt have to be those wheels, but wheels like it and those tires would go great on my build. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!! very nice work!!

Try rpphobby.com They have a models section although it is an R/C store with some really great prices and several sets of the best off-road tires I have ever seen for models. Also check out sorealconcepts.com. They sell the same wheels and tires.

STewart

PS. Oh, by the way Romell as an afterthought, I would like to say that that truck is okay but you really need to polish up on your detailing, painting, and building skills B) LOL

You are amazing. Can't quite loving that truck even if it is a ford and not quite my style.

STewart

• 2 months later...

Where did you find a 1/24th scale f350? That is one bad truck you built there! I have a 2000 crew cab shortbed I've been wanting to build. Its a 2000 that I've cloned to be an 08 and lifted 10" on 37" tires with 24" rims....please let me know where you got that model!

Chad

• 1 month later...

Hey romell, I really enjoy your work, you are very talented. Are there buildup photos of the truck? I have followed the chevelle and nova builds and really enjoy your style. I also thought that you had a fotki or photobucket site also. I am looking forward to what ever comes next, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...