Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is my ongoing summer project, found this kit hidden in the back of a hobby shop and and wanted to do something cool with it. Its a snap kit but I wanted to add as much detail to the kit as possible. the only parts that will be used from the kit, is the interior, body and associated parts and wheels every thing else is donated or built using styrene. It will be a 454 big block truck mostly stock nothing wild

Enjoy

IMG_0524.jpg?t=1277403821

IMG_0527.jpg?t=1277403821

IMG_0529.jpg?t=1277404036

What kit are you using for the donor? I wouldnt mind doing the same thing but a regular cab dually!! You probabley could get away with using the 2wd long box regular cab 1988 Chevrolet 1500. And combining it with the SS454 for the right powerplant. Very nice job on the driveshafts!

What kit are you using for the donor? I wouldnt mind doing the same thing but a regular cab dually!! You probabley could get away with using the 2wd long box regular cab 1988 Chevrolet 1500. And combining it with the SS454 for the right powerplant. Very nice job on the driveshafts!

Actually, Chris, the suggestions you gave is EXACTLY how a friend of mine made a regular cab dually out of those kits. He started with the AMT regular cab Chevy, I can't remember if it was the 88 or the 90 kit, and added the dually bed and stock wheels from the Monogram F350 dually. The dually bed fits perfectly on the full detail kit's frame. If you'd like, I have a pic of it I could PM you.

Yes definatley interested in it! May have to make this a new project of mine and start gathering the right parts for it. Ive just built the AMT 454SS pickup and absolutley loved that kit. Once I get my camera working again Ill start posting more. What frame are you using for this one?

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the long wait all my projects are currently on hold for a wile as I'm stuck in the barracks in CFB Borden. I make to much of a mess when building and we have inspections every so often. Thanks for the comments I'm vary eager to get back at this build.