Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 'Uptown' Cadillac STS-V

PatRedmond

Lots of aftermarket rims look good on it. I've got some Aoshima 19's going on mine. The body is pretty nice looking; the wheel openings seem completely stock. Great decals for emblems etc.

This weekend I shimmed the leading edge and bottom of the front doors w/.015" styrene strips, shaved/sanded the excess and glued them in place. Added some strip styrene door handles. It will be a fun, simple build.

Darn it! You went and "PIF'fed" the kits wheels off somewhere else, didn't you?!?! :D (Don't mind me... I'm a wheel slut! :shock: )

Thats not typically the kind of model I build, but I'm intrigued enough to, at least, go look at one. It does have "Table" presence!

I'm waiting to see how you're going to replace those missing doorhandles.

If it doesn't look to hard, I'll have to get one.

Otherwise, Not!

They're recessed on that car, so i'm going to dig a little hole, putty from behind and put in a piece of strip..... as soon as my finger heals. I gave myself a #11 owwie Tuesday night. :oops:

Picked one up today.... Yeah, I guess you're right... Those wheels are pretty insane! I'm not against the "Big Wheel Bling" style, but those verge on ridiculous!

On the other hand, its a pretty interesting kit. I may have to move this one up the list of things to do! Khart got it right though, lose the bad graphics and carbon fiber. I think "deblingment" would be proper english... :D

I just picked up this kit today. I think I'm really going to enjoy building it out.

The engine bay insert is chromed, so I'll either have to give it a bleach bath or just paint over the chrome with Testor's acrylic.

I'm leaning towards a wine-red pearl paint job, with a silver base along the bottom. I'll have to mentally play with the paint scheme for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Contents: White, chrome, red, clear, and smoke colored sprues. One baggy with metal axles and screws. Decal sheet with carbon fiber decal for hood, emblems, graphics, guage cluster, TV screen decals.

Initially scheduled to be a die-cast kit, I'm really glad Revell had a change of heart and released the kit as a plastic curbside kit. It's a very clean mold and the mold lines are easily removed with a fine grit sandpaper. Overall the fit of everything is great (as I would have to expect from something that was going to be metal die-cast). The one-piece chassis is well detailed, and comes to life when detail painted. The kit contents allows for two choices of grilles and tire rims for building to personal taste. NOTE: the bag of screws that comes with the kit has two different length screws. I didn't notice this, and used a longer one to attach the first door. Mistake!!! I broke 80% of the mounting bracket on the inside, and conversely, the "opening" door is now going to stay shut. Another problem I found with the hinged "lambo" door style is that if you tighten the screw too much inside, the door will not sit flush, and pop out away from the body. A little fine tuning with the screw fixed this problem. The interior is simple and has some decent detail that will come out when detail painted as well. I had absolutely no problems with the hinged hood and trunk fitting or opening.

One thing most manufacturers don't do, that would be very nice to see, is include a mask for the inner windows. It would definitely add a helping hand in painting the black outer edge of the front/rear windows. The edge is frosted and can be masked with scotch tape and cut, but requires a somewhat steady hand for a clean line.

All in all it's a simple kit and makes for a great static display model when finished. 8)