Model Cars Magazine Forum

On my Bench... besides the mess...

Steve H.

I've been doing my part to get the NNL West giveaway 32 ready... My part being body and related panels.

Stan Pinnick upholstered the interior.

We will get together Thursday night to do the final assembly.

Nothing like a last minute slam build, huh? :shock:

P1300024-vi.jpg

P1300026-vi.jpg

P1300027-vi.jpg

I haven't done much on my 32, as the NNL West and work has kept me pretty busy thru January... Along with waiting for another order from Replicas and Miniatures, not much happened with this model! I really wanted to finish for the show, but I'm havin' too much fun with this project to rush it!

P1300017-vi.jpg

Got the top end of the engine assembled, along with the pulleys. I had to backtrack a little when I realized there was no way I was going to fit a fan in there. (I stretched the frame before I had even decided on an engine!)I had to plug the hole for the fan pulley and modify the radiator to clear the blower pulley, along with adding another radiator hose inlet. (For reference, thats a Revell 32 grill and radiator)

P1300021-vi.jpg

The interior will be pretty much box stock. I'll pipe all the seats as shown here. I snagged the pleated steering wheel from the AMT 49 Merc and have a skull shifter ready to install.

P1300014-vi.jpg

And the 3rd project... My new Camaro. I had Keith Marks make some special decals, long enough to fit the roof. The front and rear are KM's 70 Chevelle stripes.

P1300031-vi.jpg

nice deuce sedan! there promises to be a ton of them this year!

ive got dibs on that 1/8 scale deuce though. hussain the lucky guy won the big one last year and ive got a feeling im going to get this one. yeah right, same as my retirement fund plans: the lottery.

Mr O... Stan found the cloth at a yardage store. There's only enough in the kit to do the seat back, and he wanted to upholster all of the panels. He also found some cloth cement that worked really well. Thanks for the comps on my hot rods... I apprecciate it!

Jbwelda... Good luck... I'll put your name in the "Dibs" bucket! :D ! Hope it doesn't go to the guy that said "What the H*** do I want this for?!?!" (true story, several years ago!)

Why won't Hossain be there? I always enjoy seeing his stuff, he's improved his builds so much over the last several years.

Did you guys finish up the giveaway yet? Now thats the one I'd like to win!

>Why won't Hossain be there?

i havent spoken to him in a while but im sure he will be there...sorry if something i wrote gave the wrong impression.

>Did you guys finish up the giveaway yet?

heh. tonite maybe on the deuce though i doubt it. jerry flamed it the other night and now we are trying to get some decals to lie down before the clear coat, and then theres the exhaust system, steering shaft and a few other details. the rest of the set (a 57 chevy truck and trailer) not done either...i delivered a straight six for it last night but i think theres still a bunch more to go. we will be with you in spirit thurs and friday night im sure!

>Now thats the one I'd like to win!

:idea:

hey, i think i have an idea!

:twisted: