Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Enzo

Deckerz

Alright so most of you will probaly know by now that i don't like to build my cars stock and this is no exception.

You guys probaly know what happened to me sunday night, i ordered this kit saturday night, the only thing started is the engine but its only put together with white glue, not painted or anything, and its missing the tyres and decals.

So its a revell enzo level 4 kit, its the first super car im building, every part is good, no sinks no warps no flash no swirl marks, best kit iv had in a while, i will just be focusing on basics like mocking up and painting, no detailing or bodywork ect until im all healed.

Iv not decided on an engine yet but iv had thoughs of a newer hemi from some revell kit or a 426 with the v12 transmission grafted on. oh but of course that won't be enough for it so twin turbos added (probaly from shucky once he starts casting them).

Heres a little mockup of the body with some wheels i was thinking of using but the enzos stock rear wheels are bigger and wider, also just added the roof scoop from the revell ford focus kit, should it stay or go?

Picture297.jpg

Picture298.jpg

Picture299.jpg

I want to try change the headlights also, theres something i don't like about them....

First off this is a gonna be a nice project, but if you put anything in the engine compartment besides a ferrari motor you will be doing this great supercar a huge injustice. wheel changes and differant paint jobs are one thing but you dont change the powerplant in a supercar. Anyway those are my thoughts its truely your project have fun and do a good job. Romell

Edited by Aftashox

I like the roof scoop you put on it, and as for the engine I would keep the stock engine but make the roof scoop functional for it (like an intake). Maybe instead of changing the engine you could twin turbo it :lol: That would give it alot of get-up-and-go, but still stick with the custom-ness your going for :D . I like those wheels too B)

Thanks man, i love doing these customs and wierd combos, the ferarri f70 (which looks like a f430 in a enzo body kit) is said to have a twin turbo v8 as the powerplant, also i don't like the angle of the ferarri engine (65 degrees) so il end up using it in somthing else like a mini haha, anyway this will be a twin turbo, supercharger, hemi powered enzo.

Im not sure what colour its going to be yet but im edging towards nissan burnt orange, with decals on it.

I also agree on keeping the engine. If not it will end up looking like Monogram's Miami Vice Ferrari Daytona; a model of a kit car. Roof scoop is cool. Maybe even two small scoops to feed those hungry turbos. The orange paint sounds cool...pearl orange like on the new Camaro sounds nice to me. I do love that orange.

Why not go for the Ferrari Quad Turbo W12 motor? Not a bad start. I personally hate all supercars except the Koenzig because of the power and handling and it looks remotely cool. But an Aston Martin would be my pic for style. I can't stand the looks of the Ferrari, Lamborghini and others.

Ok guys so i know your not digging the v8 but sticking with it. Heres a mock up with the glass and engine cover.

Picture302.jpg

Picture300.jpg

Picture303.jpg

Picture304.jpg

Edit this is not the engine im using, im just using this as a mockup, the supercharger fits under the glass with 3mm to spare.

Edited by Deckerz

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so this whole V8 idea isn't exactly catching on but im sticking with it because apparently the F70 is going to have a twin turbo V8, im not exactly trying to make a F70 from the enzo but i want to give it a twin turbo, supercharged v8, it will also have some body styling added like the roof scoop (not 100% decided), front bumper moulded to the body and a mild spolier added. I know its not a real car but i hate the noise a V12 makes.

Not much work has been done on this but here we are, still in mock up stages, these are the type of wheels i want to use but i need to find a set that are slightly bigger for the rear wheels. I also want to change those ugly headlights if i can and graft somthing nicer on but its all still in the early stages, i will have a blueprint design up soon to show how i want it to end up like.

Oh by the way, that ferarri V12.....its going in the back of the ford focus, a superhatch :D

Picture315.jpg

It is making me smile to hear the purists cringing at the suggestion of an engine swap! Our club has a few guys that are really into Ferrari and I think they'd cringe, too. I also have a difficult time leaving a build stock. Continue the mods and remember "it's plastic, man"! :D

It is making me smile to hear the purists cringing at the suggestion of an engine swap! Our club has a few guys that are really into Ferrari and I think they'd cringe, too. I also have a difficult time leaving a build stock. Continue the mods and remember "it's plastic, man"! :D

Thanks man, if i had the money this is how i would build a 1:1 scale enzo so i want to make it unique.

Not that I dis-agree with ya on the engine swap,But I have an engine from a F50 Barchetta you can have.It's built and painted but I'm sure it will come apart with some vinegar.Lets me know.Cool project.

Thanks for the offer but for this im sticking with a 426 hemi (once i get another one).

Heres a few new pics with a mockup motor, the stock gt500 supercharger looked abit small in this cars engine bay so i went diggin and found the custom one u built so il probaly use this one on the 426, il fill the holes in the top and fab a intake for the back of the supercharger.

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

There is quite a gap now between the engine and firewall because its now a V8, once the drivebelts are on i will see how much room is left and probaly try fit the turbos in there, they should fit but il see.

I like the car, and ill pretend the factory engine blew up and this was all the driver could afford. To be honest its like putting a prius motor in a muscle car.

Hey, porsche have done it with there new supercar there making its a 200mph+ superhybrid but i hate hybrids lol.

Think of it like this, Italian styling, American Power, British ingenuity, can't go wrong really. Alot of you would think putting this engine in a supercar would be pretty much murder but it would look alot nicer in the engine bay when finished....trust me :S

more pics tomorrow, iv worked on the engine mock up alot more since these pics.