Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ghost of General Lee

The real Ghost of General Lee car was in fact white not orange, they added in the glow effect in the filming editing. So if you want a correct looking Ghost of General Lee model, you will have to go with a white car.

I didn't know that but it does make sense for film production. However I think since most of the time the model would not be seen in the dark a glow in the dark orange would look nicer.

The real Ghost of General Lee car was in fact white not orange, they added in the glow effect in the filming editing. So if you want a correct looking Ghost of General Lee model, you will have to go with a white car.

A Hem

Borrowed this from a Club I belong to.

picofweek30.jpg

the picture was taken by one of the original show mechanics.

Nick

A Hem

Borrowed this from a Club I belong to.

picofweek30.jpg

the picture was taken by one of the original show mechanics.

Nick

Nick,

That's a cool picture! I've never seen that one before today.

More important then the 'new'(I'm really stretching with the use of the word new here) Ghost of the General Lee kit being molded in 'white', is the fact that it's still the same kit with all the same inaccuracies. These issues are far worse then the color.

• 2 months later...

I know this is kind of an old issue, but I wanted to share my experience with it as well.

I had not seen this posting before I bought and opened the kit, or I might not have bought it. But I opened it up, held it in front of a lamp for about 30 seconds and then took it to a dark room...and nothing.

I emailed auto world, and he said to do what the instructions say about using day light for a few minutes to charge it.

So I sat it in the kitchen window, with the kitchen light on as well for about 10 minutes, took it to a dark room, and it glows orange.

It really looks cool. I will post a pic after I get it together, but that will be a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Russell

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, this is what the real Ghost of General Lee looked like on the series in the episode. The orange glow was edited in later to make the car look like it was glowing orange.

Realcar38718885_0615590eb9.jpg

Notice the car had sail trim? the model car doesn't have this item at all. Plus the windows are fog over. The real Ghost had a chestnut color interior also.

Here is one I'm working on for a friend of mine http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1842707511715.221470.1361401210&l=e7e3094894 I must have gotten a bad kit because I could hardly get mine to glow even in sun light.

You might not have had it in the sun long enough. Sometimes it takes a long while. and good light. Try leaving it outside for an entire day and see what happens.

----

I might pick up one of these for my nephew. I think he would have a blast with it.