Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Ford LTD 4 door

So I finally got it! I was 15 when I only heard about the All American Models '78 Ford LTD and by that time, I think Art had closed his shop. Ever since I was on the hunt for the "Home of The Whooper" '75-'78 Ford LTD. I had a 1976 Brougham in cream/yellow with a brown top, 400 cid, C-6 trans, and just clean as they could get while I was at Wyoming Tech in '98. It sure was a grand road car, it took the 90 deg 90% humidity, I-80 from Wyoming to IL, with the A/C full blast like a true champ. I have always liked Fords biggies from the early '60s to '78.

When I saw that the '78 four door body style was out, i knew I HAD to get a few. This afternoon there were two waiting when I got home for lunch. I was a little worried since I never had any experaince with Missing Link but from what I read on here and saw, I took a chance. Opening up that box, seeing whats inside, I'm sure glad I did. The body is laser sharp, nice and clean lines exactly like my '76. From the "LTD" (Love To Drive) scrip on the rear deck, to the notched out turn signal lamps, and down to the 5 MPH park bench bumpers, it sure is a clean and correct style kit. If anyone has any worries dealing with Missing Link, there is no need to worry at all. I had emailed Kevin a few times and he always emailed well with in a proper time. The kits where well packed and the cars came in a great time from ordering to my front door.

I will be adding some trim, a halo style top, full wheel covers, and a few other tid bits to make it like my '76. The other kit, I will save till my skills are up to par to convert a four door to my '78 LTD Country Squire.

S5000083-1.jpg

S5000085.jpg

S5000091-2.jpg

S5000089-4.jpg

S5000086-1.jpg

if you guys only knew all the hoops kevin has jumpped tru to bring this kit out. from finding an aar kit, to stripping said built kit, to repairing, finding missing parts, to fabbing up a few parts...the list goes on. buy this kit with confidence..you wont be disappointed.

That is one beautiful kit,Kevin's Stuff From Missing Link,And Jeff's Stuff from Motor City Resin,Are TOP NOTCH,I have to say they are the best in the business as we speak,They Both rate up there with The Modelhaus,At times I have to say they are even better at times!Get Kevin's 71 Galaxie,It is just as nice,As are Jeff's 70-72 Torino kits,I have every single one,tey are great kits!

Edited by spkgibson

Johnny,

From what I've seen of your builds, the '76 will be an awesome car to look at on here!.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I smiled at the 'Love To Drive" moniker you gave it too, I've never heard that before.

I wish there was a resin caster who was brave enough to cast the Holden in my avsatar.

I'd be as happy as a pig in mud with a few of them, but no one will do it. Not even in die cast :)

James.

Johnny,

From what I've seen of your builds, the '76 will be an awesome car to look at on here!.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I smiled at the 'Love To Drive" moniker you gave it too, I've never heard that before.

I wish there was a resin caster who was brave enough to cast the Holden in my avsatar.

I'd be as happy as a pig in mud with a few of them, but no one will do it. Not even in die cast :)

James.

Thank you James. I hope it turns out well. This will be my first vinyl top conversion car that will be done right ( I used to use masking tape to get the grain pattern). I'm really excited to get this one started.

That is kinda odd no one had made a Holden kit like your avitar. Then again, I have yet to see a lot of kits from the Aussie Holden and Ford ranch. I do have one Holden, it's a die cast 1/43rd 2 door coupe in red, I think it's a '69 or '70. I bought it when I was in England. Saw it, had no clue what it was, liked what I saw, and grabbed it. There have been some GREAT looking General Motors and Ford's that I have seen in movies from about the '50s till the '80s that we did not get here in the United States.

id love to cast some aussie cars. trouble is, there too hard to get masters built. i cant find the 1;1's here to get measurments off of. any of our oz friends that feel like doing masters, let me know.

by the way..id really really like a sandman!......

if you guys only knew all the hoops kevin has jumpped tru to bring this kit out. from finding an aar kit, to stripping said built kit, to repairing, finding missing parts, to fabbing up a few parts...the list goes on. buy this kit with confidence..you wont be disappointed.

Dont forget to tell em you did some of the fabbin & castin on this project your self Jeff!

Same goes for Jeff's IH Metro kit!I only wish there were more guys like Kevin and Jeff out there bringing long-dead resin stuff back to life!

• 5 years later...

That is one beautiful kit,Kevin's Stuff From Missing Link,And Jeff's Stuff from Motor City Resin,Are TOP NOTCH,I have to say they are the best in the business as we speak,They Both rate up there with The Modelhaus,At times I have to say they are even better at times!Get Kevin's 71 Galaxie,It is just as nice,As are Jeff's 70-72 Torino kits,I have every single one,tey are great kits!

Anybody have pics of a built up 71 Galaxie? I really want one to do a replica of my 71 Custom 500 but for the money, I want to be sure of what I am receiving.

A 2 door 78 would be great.

• 1 year later...

So I finally got it! I was 15 when I only heard about the All American Models '78 Ford LTD and by that time, I think Art had closed his shop. Ever since I was on the hunt for the "Home of The Whooper" '75-'78 Ford LTD. I had a 1976 Brougham in cream/yellow with a brown top, 400 cid, C-6 trans, and just clean as they could get while I was at Wyoming Tech in '98. It sure was a grand road car, it took the 90 deg 90% humidity, I-80 from Wyoming to IL, with the A/C full blast like a true champ. I have always liked Fords biggies from the early '60s to '78.

When I saw that the '78 four door body style was out, i knew I HAD to get a few. This afternoon there were two waiting when I got home for lunch. I was a little worried since I never had any experaince with Missing Link but from what I read on here and saw, I took a chance. Opening up that box, seeing whats inside, I'm sure glad I did. The body is laser sharp, nice and clean lines exactly like my '76. From the "LTD" (Love To Drive) scrip on the rear deck, to the notched out turn signal lamps, and down to the 5 MPH park bench bumpers, it sure is a clean and correct style kit. If anyone has any worries dealing with Missing Link, there is no need to worry at all. I had emailed Kevin a few times and he always emailed well with in a proper time. The kits where well packed and the cars came in a great time from ordering to my front door.

I will be adding some trim, a halo style top, full wheel covers, and a few other tid bits to make it like my '76. The other kit, I will save till my skills are up to par to convert a four door to my '78 LTD Country Squire.

S5000083-1.jpg

S5000085.jpg

S5000091-2.jpg

S5000089-4.jpg

S5000086-1.jpg

I like it very cool.  id love to have a 70 LTD like that one.

• 2 weeks later...