Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aston Martin DBS

Steve H.

Hey, I haven't been on the Model Cars forum in ages... Most of you probably don't even know me.

I thought I'd drop by and show you my latest project...

The body is painted with Tamiya Gun Metal. For the first time ever, I had a clean enough paint job that it didn't need the full polish routine, only rubbed out with some coumpound. To wrap up the whole build, I need to install all of the Body Bits... windows, fascia, lights, grills, etc...

Progress070610-vi.jpg

Using Tamiya Maroon, I was trying for an "Elegant" leather interior. I'm still kind of split about whether I achieved it or not...

FinishInterior-vi.jpg

The engine went together easily, but those chrome scripts gave me fits. You'll notice a T in Aston is missing! I just noticed that I need to trim the carrier on the oil cap decal...

FinishEngine-vi.jpg

The chassis was another easy assembly. The bummer is that all of the great rear end detail is hidden beneath that skid plate!

FinishChassis-vi.jpg

Tamiya kits... Clean, Crisp and Precise! I wish the American manufacturers could achieve the same level.

That's nice.

The DBS I was able to view up close was about that color, but had charcoal colored leather.

Sexy car, it was at the Venetian, downstairs in their Ferrari dealership.

No, I didn't ask the price. The cars have no prices on them, I figured if ya gotta ask, ya can't afford it anyway. B)

G

That's nice.

The DBS I was able to view up close was about that color, but had charcoal colored leather.

Sexy car, it was at the Venetian, downstairs in their Ferrari dealership.

No, I didn't ask the price. The cars have no prices on them, I figured if ya gotta ask, ya can't afford it anyway. :D

G

Almost $280k, which is why I'm building the plastic model!!! B)

Tamiya kits... Clean, Crisp and Precise! I wish the American manufacturers could achieve the same level.

Your build is beautiful....great car!!

Check out the Galaxie Ltd kits......made in the USA and just as good as Tamiyas!