Model Cars Magazine Forum

I didn't even see any place for resin kits or anything there, Chucky. All I seen was their built stuff and an order form for them to build a truck, no resin. Where is it?

Hey Matt

They are not offering any resin kits at this time, Bobby Griffen was doing his casting and all that came to an end for some reason. Shame he don't find someone elae to cast them for him, they were all nice kits.

Hey Matt

They are not offering any resin kits at this time, Bobby Griffen was doing his casting and all that came to an end for some reason. Shame he don't find someone elae to cast them for him, they were all nice kits.

Griffen suddenly decided to get out of the hobby completely. He was casting a lot of peoples stuff, plus he was the moderator for the MTDG. I guess he got burned out with modeling. Porky, why don't you fill the void?

Get back to this and finish it asap!!!

I have the same kit, but I don't touch it till I see it completed by another modeler.

I have also the PETE 387 and I wish I could buy also the coronado kit that Kuen use to offer.

This is a very interesting kit/build so go on!!

I am wacthing!

Kostas.

I have that T2000 kit from DeElegance. I was one of the first people to purchase one. I was pretty disappointed with the quality for how much the kit cost! My kit has air bubbles in the center of the clear windows! I'd like to know how i'm expected to fix that!?

However, I recently purchased a scratch built Double Eagle type sleeper that was built by Les here on the forum. I already had an exact copy of it so I know how nice it really was. I ended up winning the sleeper for about 130.00 which is actually a little less than I paid for my first one.

I got the sleeper in two days and noticed a couple minor pieces were missing. No big deal at all as I can copy them from my first kit.

I emailed the seller and mentioned the parts were missing and said if he happens to find them, please send them to me. I was happy with my purchase!

He tells me how sorry he was and that he wants his customers to be happy (I told him it was ok, I was happy) and he sent me a brand new DeElegance Freightliner Coronado kit.......for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was blown away!!!!!!

I have that T2000 kit from DeElegance. I was one of the first people to purchase one. I was pretty disappointed with the quality for how much the kit cost! My kit has air bubbles in the center of the clear windows! I'd like to know how i'm expected to fix that!?

However, I recently purchased a scratch built Double Eagle type sleeper that was built by Les here on the forum. I already had an exact copy of it so I know how nice it really was. I ended up winning the sleeper for about 130.00 which is actually a little less than I paid for my first one.

I got the sleeper in two days and noticed a couple minor pieces were missing. No big deal at all as I can copy them from my first kit.

I emailed the seller and mentioned the parts were missing and said if he happens to find them, please send them to me. I was happy with my purchase!

He tells me how sorry he was and that he wants his customers to be happy (I told him it was ok, I was happy) and he sent me a brand new DeElegance Freightliner Coronado kit.......for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was blown away!!!!!!

Mine did not come with any glass.

Edited by QCDOC

I was blown away!!!!!!

You lucky dog!!!! I've seen that Coronado, and being a Freightliner man, I'd give my...well, let's just say I wouldn't have kids for one! :)

I guess he realized they didn't know how to cast in clear resin properly. This Coronado doesn't have any "glass" either.

That figures :unsure:

I will probably figure out a way to vacuum form a window.

That figures :rolleyes:

I will probably figure out a way to vacuum form a window.

You could carve and sand a small block of balsa wood to where it fits the windshield opening from the inside and then ask on the list here if someone has a Mattel Vacuum forming machine and if so, can they make a windshield for you. Get a couple made and i'll buy one too! :rolleyes:

You could carve and sand a small block of balsa wood to where it fits the windshield opening from the inside and then ask on the list here if someone has a Mattel Vacuum forming machine and if so, can they make a windshield for you. Get a couple made and i'll buy one too! :)

I'll see what I can do. :mellow:

You could carve and sand a small block of balsa wood to where it fits the windshield opening from the inside and then ask on the list here if someone has a Mattel Vacuum forming machine and if so, can they make a windshield for you. Get a couple made and i'll buy one too! :mellow:

have you tryed the testers window maker yet? ive got some but havent tryed it yet, gonna have too on a couple trucks i need glass

dennis

have you tryed the testers window maker yet? ive got some but havent tryed it yet, gonna have too on a couple trucks i need glass

dennis

Years ago I rebuilt a CH-47 Chinook model. I needed to fabricate windows. I noticed that a 2 liter pop bottle had the contours I needed. I used the old part as a template and made an outline on the bottle, then cut out the new parts. I may be able to do the same type of thing here. (If I do it I will post instruction for you).

• 2 months later...

Nice job in the interior!!!

I like the details on the dashboard too.

I would like to mention here that both my kits KW T2000 PETE 387 came to me without any clear plastic for windows, and as I have already posted in the past the hood of the KW is not in a good shape. I bought both kits directly from the de-elegant.

If you follow the link below to my fokti album there is a folder of my resin kit and there you can see both of them and especialy the KW hood.

QCDOC, keep up the good work coming.

Kostas.

Nice job in the interior!!!

I like the details on the dashboard too.

I would like to mention here that both my kits KW T2000 PETE 387 came to me without any clear plastic for windows, and as I have already posted in the past the hood of the KW is not in a good shape. I bought both kits directly from the de-elegant.

If you follow the link below to my fokti album there is a folder of my resin kit and there you can see both of them and especialy the KW hood.

QCDOC, keep up the good work coming.

Kostas.

Thank you. Can you warm that up in hot water and straiten it out?

Thank you. Can you warm that up in hot water and straiten it out?

I have the Freightliner kit & the hood came to me out of shape.I took my hood & taped it to the body then taped

it to a pcs of wood.I tried the hot water, heat gun ( after you heat it you need to run it under cold water)

nothing worked so my kit is in a box & put up.

Edited by J Smith

Hi, Allen.

Nice work. I have T2000 kit too and it has problem with hood shape and boubbles in windscreen too. But I think there is no such thing that couldn't be fixed if you realy want it.

As for the boubbles - they could be drilled out and filled with "Future" several times, I think. The hardest sytuation have people, who haven't got windscreen at all.