Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT

mcandela

I am a regular musclecar, streetmachine fan but sometimes I like to build something different. This is a project that I had started a couple of years ago and left behind. Now I decided to finish it. The model itself has a lot of rubber parts besides the tires. The complete engine bay, interior door panels and seats are made of rubber. I decided to change that to plastic and resin.

DSCN0906.jpg

rubber engine bay replaced by plastic.

DSCN0908.jpg

door panels also replace with resin copies.

DSCN0913.jpg

rubber back seat.

DSCN0915.jpg

look I am after.

DSCN0923.jpg

Will post some more later in the week.

Edited by mcandela

I also built the Tamiya version of this car for a friend; another of my favorite Italian designs from that era. The Gunze Sangyo kits can be a bit of a pain. I built their Lotus Elan for someone years ago, and it also had the "soft" interior pieces. Heavy sigh. I love these old Alfas so much, I guess I'd better get in gear and finish my Testors repop of the Giulietta Spider. That is one kit where the paint has fought me all the way for some reason.

A nice start so far. I noticed that you rebuilt the engine bay. What engine do you plan on using to fill it?

This one in particular came as a curbside, no engine. (Gunze Sangyo came curbside, Tamiya version came with a engine) Since what I want to do is finish a couple of my models that are halfway built, this one is staying as a curbside.

After checking this website on the Alfa Romeos Giulia, I haven't stop thinking about a engine, but I probably just start on the engine and after a couple of weeks throw it back in the box, and that is what I do not want.

Thanks all for Your comments.

I will keep posting.

...After checking this website on the Alfa Romeos Giulia, I haven't stop thinking about a engine, but I probably just start on the engine and after a couple of weeks throw it back in the box, and that is what I do not want.

Yeah, I get the same way too. Every time I research a new project, I come across another idea that distracts me :D

Your off to a good start.

Since it is a curbside, need to detail some other areas. Trying to build a current version of the car. These can be seen at Alfa Romeos Looks like these little rockets have quite a following over there in Europe.

No back seat so:

DSCN0928.jpg

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0932.jpg

Change my mind on the wheels also:

DSCN0936.jpg

Be Back later.

• 2 years later...

Well, it's been a while since I posted on this subject but things and situations get in your life and You must pospone the rest of your activities. I have finished the Alfa Romeo and will post a couple of in-progress pics. I had to make the interior side panels in resin, also made copies of the disc-brakes and wheels from a Tamiya Rally Ford Focus. Paint is Go-Go red nail polish from Walgreens with 2 part clear.

DSCN0913.jpg

DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0939_zpsd63fe952.jpg

DSCN0926_zpsedd77415.jpg

Some more later.

Thanks for Your time.

Edited by mcandela