Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back in 1977 a friend of mine had a magazine about big rigs. It had everything from Autocar to FWD. The magazine had a cool photo of a KW C500. So after 33 years I am finally able to start building one.

Mark,

I will be interested to see how you get on with this project. I saw the kit on Sourkrauts website and thought about buying one. So it will be good to see your progress and any problems you encounter.

Good Luck

Dave

So far so good. I had to separate the back part of the fender from the hood. The W9000 kit is fitting up well.

I like it. What rear suspension are you using? I thought the C500 had straight frame rails with no "dip" in the front. I could be wrong.

Could be, I am building this for "fun". I am using as much of the kit components as possible.

Could be, I am building this for "fun". I am using as much of the kit components as possible.

Hello Mark

You are off to a great start. Yes having fun is the goal after all.

This is a project that I have built of a C500.

In this case I used a AMT W900 cab from my parts box.

All of the chassis is from a Kenworth Aerodyne a built up that was given to me and recycled with this project.

I even used the Detroit engine and automatic transmission from the Aerodyne.

The frame rails are scratch built.

DSC04404.jpg

DSC04393.jpg

If you would like to see the whole album here is the link:

My link

Hope this help you with your build.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Hello Mark

You are off to a great start. Yes having fun is the goal after all.

This is a project that I have built of a C500.

In this case I used a AMT W900 cab from my parts box.

All of the chassis is from a Kenworth Aerodyne a built up that was given to me and recycled with this project.

I even used the Detroit engine and automatic transmission from the Aerodyne.

The frame rails are scratch built.

DSC04404.jpg

DSC04393.jpg

If you would like to see the whole album here is the link:

My link

Hope this help you with your build.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Thank you. Your truck looks great. After spending 22 years on my Autocar the KW is a nice build. You did a great job on the fender cut lines!

• 1 month later...

I like it,

and the front tyres and rims help make it fat,

He is a tip with Coloured plastic, this will help you cover it better, if you use Matt brown like Tamiya desert yellow (XF-59), and it will stop any bleed through and help stop it thinning on the edges

Brown being a neutral colour and being Matt will help it stick better, you can use it as a primer, no need to sand it back,

I like it,

and the front tyres and rims help make it fat,

He is a tip with Coloured plastic, this will help you cover it better, if you use Matt brown like Tamiya desert yellow (XF-59), and it will stop any bleed through and help stop it thinning on the edges

Brown being a neutral colour and being Matt will help it stick better, you can use it as a primer, no need to sand it back,

Thanks Tony, I forgot how hard yellow is to cover. I was going to repaint it, but this was my first truck in fifteen years and I wanted to have "fun" with the build. :D