Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #144 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

I guess it's a 1978 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28, oh wait, wrong game!! B):P

You've been fooling me with your little pro built 1/8 scale diecasts the past few times, Harry, but not this week!! :lol: The poor fit of the front and rear bumpers and the door alignment issues I seen when I zoomed in on it are all just like they were on my REAL 1979 Firebird!!!

The poor fit of the front and rear bumpers and the door alignment issues I seen when I zoomed in on it are all just like they were on my REAL 1979 Firebird!!!

I agree with Matthew,

If you were going to build one of these, would you intentionally have the back bumper/clip fit as terrible as they were in real life? And while the model makers make a valiant effort by accident to screw up things like this, I don't think a kit is this bad. It's never in scale.....regardless of how hard the kit manufacturers try to get it right.

David

I say real!

I agree with Matthew,

If you were going to build one of these, would you intentionally have the back bumper/clip fit as terrible as they were in real life? And while the model makers make a valiant effort by accident to screw up things like this, I don't think a kit is this bad. It's never in scale.....regardless of how hard the kit manufacturers try to get it right.

David

I say real!

genuine-gm-parts.jpg

Edited by sjordan2

Mark T and Highway, I'll rephrase to make it clear. It's real and I found the proof. Sorry to be such a spoiler, but I was SO excited I just couldn't help myself!

I don't see what you have to make clear to me? I didn't even need to do a search to find that it's real!! All I had to do was look at the picture closely!! If you reread my post, I said I had a REAL 1979 Pontiac Firebird, which anyone knows is basically the same car as a Camaro!! They both share many features, including the poor fit issues!!!

You are SO busted on this one! I just did a Google image search for 1978 Camaro Z28. Betcha can't even guess what the VERY FIRST image is! I vote FAIL!

Where do you think Harry would find the pictures at? I'm sure he doesn't have a picture of every car ever made! ;)

By the way, Harry, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, just prove a point, even when you google (I prefer Bing myself) images, that does not mean they're pics of real cars! If I Bing images of Ford LTL 9000 , I find pictures of my current project, but it shows in the image search anyway!!!

By the way, chopt, I don't remember seeing a real name anywhere in your post. B):huh::blink:

Edited by highway

Where do you think Harry would find the pictures at? I'm sure he doesn't have a picture of every car ever made! :blink:

By the way, Harry, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, just prove a point, even when you google (I prefer Bing myself) images, that does not mean they're pics of real cars! If I Bing images of Ford LTL 9000 , I find pictures of my current project, but it shows in the image search anyway!!!

By the way, chopt, I don't remember seeing a real name anywhere in your post. :D:blink::blink:

As you can see by the number of posts from me, I haven't 'played' on this forum much. Sorry to have upset you, that wasn't the goal. I'll go play somewhere else. Have a wonderful day. Rich Robertson - Honolulu, HI

Edited by chopt31

As you can see by the number of posts from me, I haven't 'played' on this forum much. Sorry to have upset you, that wasn't the goal. I'll go play somewhere else. Have a wonderful day. Rich Robertson - Honolulu, HI

You did not offend me, and sorry if I offended you, that was definitely not my intention! :D I'm sorry, I was merely stating facts, and I'm truly sorry you took them the wrong way. :blink:

It's impossible to offend Rich.

He's been in my house, and he still talks to me.....

Not True! Gregg offends me nearly every time I see him. :-)

I'm a very sensitive old man........

Edited by chopt31

Well, this one is a little messed up.

Chopt31 gave away the answer, and I don't know how many of you saw that, so the voting isn't really legitimate.

But anyway, 51 said Real, 12 said Model. It's REAL.

Auto ID Quiz coming Monday.

Chopt31 gave away the answer, and I don't know how many of you saw that, so the cool.gifvoting isn't really legitimate.

Hey....I don't vote in the Windy.......and only vote once...........rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Chopt31 gave away the answer, and I don't know how many of you saw that, so the voting isn't really legitimate.

Looks like you need to make your advisory about not giving away the answer a permanent part of this set-up.

Sorry All! Being unfamiliar with the rules, it won't happen again. I guess I'll have to be more careful - I usually behave pretty well. I usually post on totalruckus.com and we tend to play around and even talk bad on occasion! I enjoy this site and the variety of ideas and help it offers. Gregg is just a couple valleys over and we are in the same club here in Honolulu.