Model Cars Magazine Forum

late 70's dodge truck

toplessfury

ive had this for a long time and cant remember where i got it but it needs work.it missing alot of stuff so ive got to scratch build from the cab back. anyone tell me how long it needs to bathe in purple power?????? jamie.jpg

im hoping to make it a roll back or a drive on hauler.

Edited by toplessfury

Depends- if it's Testors, the purple pond will usually have it ready to scrub off in a few hours- an overnight soak worst case. If it's an acrylic (like Krylon), the Purple Pond probably won't do much at all. Regular automotive and general-purpose paints will usually require at least an all night soak, in my experience.

Kind of sucks you're stripping it- I sort of like those graphics on the hood :D!

If you dont have a stock hood, I think I might have one from the lil red wagon truck that I dont have any more. I built a mud truck clone of my buddies mud truck for him and it does not have a hood, so i have the hood still in the junk yard. If ya need one just let me know. BIG-J

Interesting project. Did you find that Lake Purple was also useful in helping brake glue bonds, or at least weaken them. I have a couple of kits that I want to restore that will need to be disassembled,and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get them apart, especially as one is near fifty years old and will probably never be reissued, as the molds were modified.

Charlie Larkin

If you need any extra parts to replace anything broken or missing let me know. I have a few extra parts from a 78 that I am working on.

They are:

glass

dash

firewall

radiator support and radiator

grill

front diamond plate bumper for mountable winch

If you need any extra parts to replace anything broken or missing let me know. I have a few extra parts from a 78 that I am working on.

They are:

glass

dash

firewall

radiator support and radiator

grill

front diamond plate bumper for mountable winch

i could use that front bumper,and some mirrors if you have them.those are the only thing i dont have.

I really don't care for dodge trucks,but thats my problem.I've been waiting for something to happen with this thats why I have waited to comment.You got me now,great save.You have some good scartch skills also,man.have at it.