Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not looking bad so far, Jim. I think that and my big Ford's sleeper are in the running for the "Bondo Bucket of the Year" award! :):lol: I think mine might be in the lead, though, my whole roof is Bondo! :lol:

so far so good buddy keep paying attention to detail and that will motivate you all the way to the end. I'll be watching keep up the good work. I'll be starting my truck project in a few weeks. Its a top secrete project only known by myself , Highway, and Porky :);):( . And I might have to snuff out the latter two guys thats just how secrete this project is B):lol::lol: . LOL!

so far so good buddy keep paying attention to detail and that will motivate you all the way to the end. I'll be watching keep up the good work. I'll be starting my truck project in a few weeks. Its a top secrete project only known by myself , Highway, and Porky :wacko::o:blink: . And I might have to snuff out the latter two guys thats just how secrete this project is :blink:;):huh: . LOL!

Your secret is safe with me!! :blink::lol:

Jim B,

Thanks for posting the Evan Hermel details about the Superliner. That explains why Jim is having so much trouble with the accuracy of this model kit. I had no idea that they used the Freightshaker kit and just added some bits to make it look like a Mack. Reminds me of the ERTL Rubber Duck Mack. Enough said!!

Dave

Tony Bryan No it is an American truck a Mack Super Liner . But Italeri did release an Aussi version but had a left hand drive dash in it an only two fuel tanks I an building it now with the mentioned instructions posted above then kit was Black Thunder. I am also doing a Scania T142 aUSSI

Tony Bryan No it is an American truck a Mack Super Liner . But Italeri did release an Aussi version but had a left hand drive dash in it an only two fuel tanks I an building it now with the mentioned instructions posted above then kit was Black Thunder. I am also doing a Scania T142 aUSSI

I'm glad someone answered as I wasn't sure who he was talking to. :)

I didn't want to answer in case he wasn't talking to me.

But this build I'm doing is well let me see here myself.. the build is base on an australian truck but the interior is being converted to US though and the some of the exterior is having mods done to it as well. Soo it will not be a 100% replica to the real thing.

I will have photos up this weekend of some new progress.

Richard, thanks for the reply, But I was more getting at what THIS truck was based on, which has been answered, as an Australian truck, which has been modified for USA

mOparman, HE, that would be me, who else do you think I was talking to?, I will make my questions clearer next time so you can understand them better,

There where 3 Mack super liners here in Australia that I know of that where fitted with a aerodyne sleeper, one was pretty famous for a mack, but I don't think this is the one you are building, didn't have alcoa's fitted, but did have spoked rims,

the name was quite fitting though, Aggravator silver blue and red stripes, was very flash for it's day

Well guys after what just happen today to me and people bashing me even a Mod at that for posting alot of photos! :huh::blink:

I have a half mind no to post any more photos and just post text updates of the build as to what I am doing on the build like this one as well and if I feel like it maybe post a photo LOL.

Don't worry about them, Jim, most of those whiners probably wouldn't even know how to find the trucks section, if they even know we have one! :lol: I haven't noticed any of your little brother truckers complaining! :lol:

Hey Jim, I've noticed that U'r title is Australian U.S. Mack Superliner but wot confuses me is, is it a U.S. Superliner or an Australian one the reason I ask is coz most of our superliners had spider rims not alloys and where nearly all loggers that I can see, if it's a U.S. one man U'r doing one heck of a great job, heck doesn't matter either way Aussie or Yank it's one fantastic rig so far.

Dingo :lol:

Jim,

This seems like its gonna be a very cool truck when you get done building it. The old Superliners were a tough looking truck and its always good to see them. I am building an H61 Mack at the moment and so far it has been my most time consuming project ,with all the researching and parts I have ordered,it should hopefully be my best one yet. Anyway, I have been checking out your thread for the last few weeks and thought I should leave a comment and say thanks for keeping us up to date.

Codie

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The truck takes almost all of it now, yet we plan to take an extend the trailer out to 26 or 27 inches though making it in the 50+ foot trailer range.

A 53 footer in the trailer's 1/25 scale is 25.44 inches long and if you scale it up to match the truck's 1/24 scale, it would be 26.5 inches long.

• 4 weeks later...