Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1953GMC 1/2 ton

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did or does anybody make a 1953GMC 1/2ton truck model or resin kit?

Posted · Report post

Ray, if I'm not mistaken , I beleive the scripts were photoetched as part of Model Car Garage's A M T 1950 Chevrolet Freet. Trust me on the 1-1 trucks , there wasn't a whole lot of difference until 1954 when Chevrolet finially went to a Curved glass on the front windshield . Oh the grile changed into that prototype for a latter day Dodge , but thats another subject . Ed Shaver

Posted · Report post

Ray, if I'm not mistaken , I beleive the scripts were photoetched as part of Model Car Garage's A M T 1950 Chevrolet Freet. Trust me on the 1-1 trucks , there wasn't a whole lot of difference until 1954 when Chevrolet finially went to a Curved glass on the front windshield . Oh the grile changed into that prototype for a latter day Dodge , but thats another subject . Ed Shaver

Yea,the owner told me that one of differences on a 53 was the vents.GMC didn't have to cchange much back in those dayz -people just bought the vehicles because they where cool.I've got see if I can still get some of those 50 kits.

Posted · Report post

Yea,the owner told me that one of differences on a 53 was the vents.GMC didn't have to cchange much back in those dayz -people just bought the vehicles because they where cool.I've got see if I can still get some of those 50 kits.

Shawn Carpenter did, maybe still does, make a '50 GMC grille for that conversion as well.

Art

Posted · Report post

Shawn Carpenter did, maybe still does, make a '50 GMC grille for that conversion as well.

Art

Thanks, I'll check it out!