Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Widow Ford restored

RodBurNeR

Well it took long enough. This is my first build of the year. I really struggled with motivation this year, too many things going on in real life.

I restored this from a semi-glue bomb and some of the chrome isn't perfect, some of the parts aren't perfect. The problem I had was the windshield frame fit, it's still not as I would like it.....but it will be fine on my shelf! I did make the windsheild since the original was too rough.

I want to thank Ron S. for the other header I was missing and Greg Holland aka VSRN for these decals he made!

My goal was to get this thing restored before it's reissued....that's the fun in doing these old kits over again!

I hope you like it.....I need to get another one going now! haha

100_5373-vi.jpg

100_5370-vi.jpg

100_5365-vi.jpg

100_5364-vi.jpg

100_5362-vi.jpg

That is one nice, clean restoration! I can appreciate the work and effort that went into it. As for the reissues - let 'em bring 'em on, I say! But there is nothing like the old originals no matter what! Usually, someone has to meddle with the reissues and change something.

Guest Johnny

That is sweet! I always have liked the way that kit looks built like depicted on the box! Most i have seen were done differently by the builders.

I have said it many times but it just seems some of the best builds I have seen and done were rebuilds of old kits that I or others had disgarded or never finished!

Just seem to get more satisfaction out of saving one than building a new kit!cool.gif

Hey Bob,

Super nice model, I remember this one well, never got it but always thought it was one of the coolest at the time, aren't you glad the classics coming back?

Man, you just did such a nice job on your car, it just looks so sharp, especially the pictures by the box. amazing, and thanks for posting.

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee