Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ulrich 1/24 scale Minimen

I THOUGHT these little guys were gonna be repopped by some guy who posted it on here about a year or two ago. I remember he needed a particular number of pre orders or something like that. Yes, I TOTALLY agree, they would be NICE to have back!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

I would buy a few of them. I'm using G scale model train figures on my dioramas, and they're not very good. I had a couple of the original Ulrich Mini-men figures in the 1960's. I posed one to be the driver in a 1/25 scale go-kart that came with some pickup truck model, and another to ride a motorcycle model. They looked pretty good back then.

Sam

Kinda cool, but yes break out the putty. Unless You're going for the artificial limb look ! Hey heres an sick idea, now I can do the " Drummer from Def Leppard" diorama ! Add a little long hair and early 80s vette in pieces, in a field , Bingo !

Edited by kingiguana

Wow...does this bring back memories....as a kid I built a few of these guys. I had one bent over working under the hood of an AMT 289 Cobra and one in the drivers seat....then I had one working on a 1963 Sting Ray Convertible. And yes, I remember doing a lot of putty work on the limbs of these guys. It is always great seeing these old childhood model cars and accessories coming back. It is wonderful to recapture a little bit of the "good old days" of modeling....(I refraned from calling them the "Golden Age" as many think this is the Golden Age).

i think i have a whole box of original packs i bought at an NNL once for a few bucks. most of them are 1/32 though i think...but i remember there were some 1/25 (or as mentioned, seemingly slightly smaller). they were fun to make look right but really anyway you do it there is some amateur surgery in the cards to pose them. i remember i used one as a pilot of a closed cab race car and it was challenging to get it looking good but it ended up well. good to see them return to the market because they are getting rarer in original form.

i think one of these pilots are minimen:

goodshotofconecroppedvl6.jpg

I THOUGHT these little guys were gonna be repopped by some guy who posted it on here about a year or two ago. I remember he needed a particular number of pre orders or something like that. Yes, I TOTALLY agree, they would be NICE to have back!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

The same parties are involved that were originally gauging interest and taking pre-orders in Nov 2008. They have overcome the various bumps in the road and are very close to taking true orders for these. Stay tuned

• 3 months later...

Kinda cool, but yes break out the putty. Unless You're going for the artificial limb look ! Hey heres an sick idea, now I can do the " Drummer from Def Leppard" diorama ! Add a little long hair and early 80s vette in pieces, in a field , Bingo !

That is kind of sick and twisted (don't let that fact stop you,though!!!! ;) ), but since they're made by a company called Ulrich, I'm thinking of making a 'replica' of Metallica's drummer, Lars Ulrich! B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...